2015 GMC 2500HD CrewCab Duramax Vibration...

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Your not the only one! I have been to the dealer 14 times about my vibration. I have a 2015 GMC Sierra 2500hd duramax Denali. GM will not do anything about it. Originally they said it was my aftermarket tires. 3 sets later, that was dismissed. Then it was my torsion bar keys "binding" up the suspension. Right, well the shake can be found in park. The engineer came down and was almost certain it was the keys. I replaced the keys with the stocks, and now the engineer is at a loss. A comparable truck measures at 3 mgs at the engine, 3mgs at the steering column. Mine was 3 mgs at the engine, 10 mgs at the column. That's in park between 1500 and 1750 rpms. That translates to about your 70mph rpms with 373 gears.

By the way. There was a 2015.5 sierra duramax denali in the shop with 4 miles on it doing the same exact thing!

Anyway, I got a call from the executive office today telling me that they will not give any trade assistance and want to fix it.

GMC sucks. They strung me out because I was close to the "lemon law" cutoff mileage...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What did you find out about the vibration ?

Hey. They did not figure it out. With the work of the dealership, gm agreed to a trade assist for me. They are taking my truck for 54k (what I owe) They are giving me a brand new one with 3k more in options for the same payment and term that I had before. However, the term starts over. No cash out of pocket at all. Not a bad deal considering I drove the truck for 22k miles. All I lost was my 5 months of payments, but I used the truck, so it's a wash in my book...

My dealer doesn't have anyone trained on the new vibration test tool. I've been out of town with it on work for the last few weeks also. Hopefully they'll have it up and running when I make it home. I've seen some post where others have said the dealer used this and claimed it to be within spec, so I'm slightly concerned over what these "specs" are... Mine definitely vibrates!

2015 Denali 3500 DRW, Michelin ltx, 4x4

Give a f what the tools says.

Put your truck in park. Then rev the engine up slowly. At around 1400-1500 through 1750 you will feel it. It feels like a harmonic skip. Try that. That is where the engineer here measured 10 mgs at the steering column. Another truck on the lot measured only 3 mgs at the column.

Put your truck in park. Then rev the engine up slowly. At around 1400-1500 through 1750 you will feel it. It feels like a harmonic skip. Try that. That is where the engineer here measured 10 mgs at the steering column. Another truck on the lot measured only 3 mgs at the column.

I just left the Detroit Auto Show today and spoke to an engineer on the matter. She said they're aware of the issue in the Cadillac's but not the gmc's or chevy hd's! I took the time to educate her...

Mine definitely does not vibrate in park in any configuration. It's absolutely a drive train issue.

I'm out of town for work but the dealership I bought it from doesn't have anyone trained on the vibration device yet, so I'm not missing much. Hopefully they're up to speed in a week when I get back.

For the record, I brought it back the second day I owned it and the y road forced the tires. Measurements came back under 13 lbs after one tire was rotated, it became worse and audible at 25 mph and all the way to the 95mph governor. I brought it back and test drove another truck, rode smooth, so I had them swap all 6 rims and tires without re balancing them to eliminate the ballancer as a variable. Went back to riding like it did on day one. I want to see the drive shafts get balanced next. I had an 01 that had a vibration thru 225,000. I blew the pinion gear out the back of the pumpkin and the shop ballanced it bc they thought it was their fault. Road smooth as glass after, even with that milage. To think I put up with it for so long blows my mind. Won't do that again!

IMG_5078 (3).MOVJust bought a 2015 Denali HD drw. I'm getting bad vibration in the steering wheel mainly between 50-60 mph. It does it while driving straight but is worse when changing lanes. I pulled over to see if lug nuts where tight and everything looked fine. I'm not going to hook back up to any trailers till I get this fixed. My F-rd 2013 was perfectly fine that I traded in for this truck. Will be taking to dealer Monday morning in Conroe,Texas.

IMG_5078 (3).MOV

IMG_5078 (3).MOV

IMG_5078 (3).MOV

Archived