2015 GMC 2500HD CrewCab Duramax Vibration...

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also having the frustrating vibration issues. Seems pointless owning this truck. 2015 Chevy duramax diesel, crew can 4x4. Numerous parts replaced, even tires, vibration getting worse now alignment is off, been making payments for a truck not worth it currently.

• 1 month later...

Figure ILL add the the thread...good for court stuff if there is a buy back.

Proud new owner of a 2016 chevy crew 4x4 6.6 and love it....as long I stay on the city streets but cruising on the freeway at 67 to 77 is horrible.

After reading many pages of shake problems I guess I will join the group of chevy shake members and hope for the best.

Always loved gm...I've been lucky with no major problems on my old ones but nothing worse then a truck that shakes enough to make you sick.

Heres to a solution...entered with 705 miles and did RFB....going for first set of replacement tires next week. 18"inch michelin ltx.

I own a new 2016 2500 HD Duramax truck that vibrates as well. After several weeks of debating whether or not to upgrade my 2015 1500 LTZ for the 2500 HD Diesel for additional towing capacity, I bit the bullet and upgraded. After picking the vehicle up and taking it on the highway, I notice the vibration at speeds greater than 65mph with 72 mph having the greatest vibration. With 1100 miles I brought it into the dealer and they did a force road balance as well. They said it was all fixed and returned the truck, much to my chagrin, the truck is still vibrating. I have another appointment Monday.

Has anyone reached out to GM and what are they saying? This seems to be a recall issue that should be address by NHTSA or at least brought to their attention.

What if so called vibrations cause motion sickness then ends up with you being in a accident due to the conStent virtuous that are giving from the truck.

Lol could result in a problem. Lawyers could have a feild day with this.

Do a 3 hour drive at 70....see how you feel.

Try an 11 hour ride. I bought my truck in TN and drove it home to South Florida.

As for the safety issue, I thought tire problems were considered a safety issue. I know for sure I don't feel safe pulling a 9000 lbs boat behind this truck at highway speeds with this vibration.

So far the dealer has tried to balance the tires and all are in specs. Another forum I have read found a solution for their vibration by replacing the transfer case. The dealer took the wheels off and ran the vehicle on a lift noticed the vibration, switched to 4 wheel drive and the vibration was reduced. The dealer proceeded to replace the transfer case and the vibration went away. Anybody have any experience with this solution?

Grrrrrrr!

Makes ya wonder does the tire compound need to be a little stiffer or softer...I wonder the difference on the ht3s...

Maybe the 10 ply michelin and good years just don't jive with the new frame and set up...

8 ply tire..?

• 2 weeks later...

I have the SRA 20's on mine and my truck is as smooth as silk to 85 (fastest I've been). It's a shame to see so many 65k+ vehicles with so many mechanical/vibration issues... I'm going to ride these tires out because I have #2 on the way and my wife would kill me if I wanted a set of $1200 tires lol

• 3 months later...

Add one more vibrating 2016 3500 Denali to the list. I noticed the vibration early on but chocked it up to flat tires (the dealers suggestion)...manufacture date two months prior to purchase. Dealer told me to drive it for 500 miles. I had a washboard road vibration around 35+mph and violent shake around 70mph. First dealer visit they measured the vibration at 14mg@14hz and tried to road force balance my tires which were all WAY out of spec. They were unable to balance them and had to order more in (18 Michelin AT2 - OEM). Took it back to the dealer to get new tires and I have had a total of 13 tires on the truck just to get them balanced and 1 is still at 19 lbs. Maybe someone can answer this but the only bulletin I can find is they target 15lbs for the 1500. What is for the 3500? Is it the same? Asked if they measured the vibration again and "that is not necessary". Still vibrating.... headed back to dealer.

• 6 months later...

any fixs for vib's? going to try new shocks.. tire center says rim bent.. 8500 miles and frustrated.. i see moderator has stopped responding to people here..

• 4 weeks later...

Add me to the list too. 2016 2500hd Duramax Denali 20" stock SRAs. At 8000 miles now and 72mph vibration is getting worse. 3rd or 4th dealer visit - 1. Road force out of tolerance but told couldn't do anything until 5k miles. Then the tires magically RFd fine but problem is no better. Then another RF blaming the bad technician but again no change at 72mph. I really want new aftermarket wheels & tires but won't do yet it as I know they'll blame them. So the pursuit continues with another visit next week. The picoscope / meter verifies its wheel tire frequency.

As others have said around town and even at 80mph it's fine - rides like a truck. But 70-77 and really bad at 72-73 it's just aweful. New passengers think a wheel is going to fall off - embarrassing to tell them it's "normal".

Archived