My New 2500

No offense taken. I may eventually get some 20's but for now the checkbook says stay with what's on it. LOL

Actually you are better off with the 18's. They put Michelin on and it seems its the trucks with the 20 inch wheels mostly having the vibration above 70 mph.

Avalon

What did you use to black out the bowties? That looks great!

I used Plasti-Dip. A few coats of black and 2 coats of glossifier over the black. I got it at Lowes but Walmart sells it also.

• 2 weeks later...

What hood deflector is that?.....it looks nice and clean...like a factory install...

I dont have a hood deflector on this truck.

I noticed looking at the front pic it looks like a deflector but its just the chrome of the top of the grill.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually you are better off with the 18's. They put Michelin on and it seems its the trucks with the 20 inch wheels mostly having the vibration above 70 mph.

Avalon

Yes, the 20" wheels and tires bring their own set of issues ... lower profile tires have less sidewall and are less shock absorbing - impacting ride; but the real concern is hitting a rock off road - or a pot hole in town - and cracking a wheel.

Nice truck! How do you like the 6.0? I drove a 5.3 1500 and it felt surprisingly quick, though I'm more interested in the 2500 6.0.

I'm liking the 6.0. Havent really hammered down on it yet but it seems to have plenty of power. Looking forward to Blackbear Tune to be able to tune the 2015.

Archived