AdamC93

I've seen a couple silverados here on the forum that have replaced their fog lamps with LED Fog lights. I think they look pretty neat. Does anyone have Rigid Industries LED fog lights on their 2014 GMC Sierra? Pictures to go along with?

Thanks!

The lights below are the main ones that really tripped my trigger.

post-134205-0-09335300-1410894241_thumb.jpg

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rigid has a mount to go along with their D series lights for the 2014 sierra. They have a couple pics on their page. Several other members have done this and all seem to love it. I plan on ordering some in the next month or two with a HID upgrade as well.

http://www.rigidindustries.com/mounting-options/46511

Just keep in mind you aren't going to be able to use those off-road driving lights anywhere around oncoming traffic without severely blinding other drivers. That setup shown is something like 6,000-12,000 lumens depending on the model of lights. Oncoming drivers wouldn't hardly be able to keep their cars on the road.

Rigid has a mount to go along with their D series lights for the 2014 sierra. They have a couple pics on their page. Several other members have done this and all seem to love it. I plan on ordering some in the next month or two with a HID upgrade as well.

http://www.rigidindustries.com/mounting-options/46511

I'm looking at that option but much prefer the look of the 6-bulb HDs than the square 4-bulb D2s. Do you know if they offer a mount that will accomodate the HDs? I didn't see any mention of any other lights than the D2s and the D2 Duallys.

• 1 month later...

I tried some diff options fron visions canons to diff bulbs was not happy visions to large d2s ident excite me much so I went with par36 LEDs should be in next week available from 1800lm to3600 lm spots or floods and they are round

I've seen a couple silverados here on the forum that have replaced their fog lamps with LED Fog lights. I think they look pretty neat. Does anyone have Rigid Industries LED fog lights on their 2014 GMC Sierra? Pictures to go along with?

Thanks!

The lights below are the main ones that really tripped my trigger.

That is my truck, they light up very nice!

DSC_7772_zpsdsbferc4.jpg

DSC_7771_zpsbqzkahd0.jpg

I have a set of D2's in my 2010 Sierra SLT. They are amazingly bright, and yeah you do have to turn them off when you have oncoming traffic. Learned this the hard way with a ticket for failure to dim headlights, oh well.

They will be installed in my new 2015 whenever I get it.

Rigid has OEM kits on their site:

http://www.rigidindustries.com/gmc-1500-led-lights-mounts-accessories

I'm looking at getting a set of D2's for my fog lights. How hard would it be to adapt them to be used on the factory button?

$12

http://www.ebay.com/itm/H16-5202-Wire-Harness-for-HID-conversion-kit-Ballast-to-Stock-OEM-Socket-/291289707519?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item43d23833ff&vxp=mtr

This is just an example. You'll have to pick one with a compatible connector for the Rigid light or just put on your own connectors.

I'm going completely the other direction.

I found that given the lack of reliability of my TRS "Morimoto" HID light kit, I'm in need of a set of "substitute" low beam lights. The factory fogs are a joke. The Baja Designs wide and spot lights I have are just too powerful for city streets in traffic. So, I'm putting these TRS LED fog lights in. http://www.theretrofitsource.com/led-lighting/morimoto-xb-led-fog-lights-type-s.html#.VF-m8E0tCUk

They are 1200 lumens, 5000k, 9 watts per light, 3 1/2" diameter and have a nice wide flat beam with a sharp cutoff. They should be usefully bright, but not too bright as to blind oncoming traffic and get me a ticket.

I'll take the wide beam Baja Designs lights off the fog light circuit and put them on the high beam circuit with the spot beam Baja Designs lights.

DSC_2663Medium_zps724f4e30.jpg

P.S.

In the 3 months that I've had the TRS Morimoto HID kit installed in my truck, I've had a relay fail and a bulb fail. What kind of crap is this? I fully expect some other component to fail in the next few months, the way this is going. Their "Morimoto" junk is coming out and being replaced with Denso ballasts and Lexus projectors with real Osram bulbs and my own custom harness.

What needs to happen to install?

I'm still thinking about that. As you can see, it has a mount, which also has a vertical axis adjuster. The adjustment screw is behind the light. There is no horizontal adjuster. Any large horizontal adjustment would have to be shimmed.

The D2's I had my buddy install for me as he is more of a tech guy than I am. He was able to install the lights and use the factory switch, I am not a fan of drilling holes into the dash, kept it factory and works well.

The D2's I had my buddy install for me as he is more of a tech guy than I am. He was able to install the lights and use the factory switch, I am not a fan of drilling holes into the dash, kept it factory and works well.

Got any pictures?????, I am wanting to put some rigid d2's in my fog lights .!

Archived