Toyo Open Country R/T Rugged Terrain Tire

Okay so I tried searching for this and couldn't find anything on it. And yes I know they are brand new so it is likely that no one has tried these tires yet, but I was wondering if anyone has seen these tires in person or tried them or read any reviews on them. I am looking for a new wheel an tire set, found the wheels, now looking for tires and I'm considering these.

Here are some pics I have found on the internet

3cfe9bdac5c194b755c005eaf1974a15.jpg923bbfaeaae15f7b8e9b09b9b2dd3558.jpg418f376fb0734d42bea1d810e30d4dbe.jpg

These tires are toyo's version of the Nitto Exo Grappler. Which nitto's Is more of a all weather, all terrain tire I believe, while the toyo is a hybrid M/T and A/T.

Anybody have any thoughts on these tires?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have a set of #Toyo R/Ts on a black 2004 F-250 for testing right now. Truck shown in post below. Have about 2,000 miles on them: http://www.hardworkingtrucks.com/new-off-road-truck-tire-from-toyo/

How are they? I know they claim to not be loud but how is the sound? Dry traction? Wet traction? Any other bits of info you feel are important to mention about these tires? Would you recommend purchasing them? I am considering the 33x12.5x20

I have done sound readings in the cab as compared to the Michelin street tires we had on the truck. At 60mph on smooth asphalt they are about 4dBA louder. But at the same time the R/Ts are quieter than BFG and Cooper M/Ts I've tested, and on par for road noise from the BFG A/Ts. Toyo has done a good job in designing the center tread pattern to reduce road noise. Pavement traction, wet or dry, is comparable to other aggressive all-terrains and slightly better than Toyo's mud tires. We are running 35s. We are awaiting snow so they can be driven in all conditions. Then will do a full review.

If it's made by Toyo, it has my trust that it'll be a decent tire. Maybe best in class. I'd have gone with them over my ST Maxx tires if they were around when I bought.

On the dbA stuff, I think 3dbA = twice as loud.

Those are good looking tires! I haven't actually seen them in person yet though. I noticed that sizes are somewhat limited, when compared to other Toyo's, but maybe they'll offer more in the future. I agree that it looks like a hybrid AT/MT. The lugs on the outside edge remind me of a Goodyear Duratrac or Dunlop Fierce Attitude, while the center looks more like the Cooper ST Maxx. I like them!

Those are good looking tires! I haven't actually seen them in person yet though. I noticed that sizes are somewhat limited, when compared to other Toyo's, but maybe they'll offer more in the future. I agree that it looks like a hybrid AT/MT. The lugs on the outside edge remind me of a Goodyear Duratrac or Dunlop Fierce Attitude, while the center looks more like the Cooper ST Maxx. I like them!

Sizes are limited since they just started to sell them in the past week. They are planning to offer more sizes in early 2015

Sizes are limited since they just started to sell them in the past week. They are planning to offer more sizes in early 2015

Good to know. There are lots of sizes offered in the Toyo AT and MT, so hopefully the same will be true for the RT in the future. That's a really good looking tire.

Archived