Predator Programmer

Blue Ghost

After 2 days of driving after my Predator reprogramming I must say I am very happy with the results,I have better throttle response and more power, plus better shift points and after a little adjustment the perfect shift feel. :thumb:

I had the Hypertech programmer before this and in my opinon was a total waste of money: the shift points sucked, little or no power increase and seemed to suck down the gas and cause poor TCC engagement.

I have'nt tried the Superchip Programmer, but with the ability to make your own adjustments, I think for the money the Diablo Sport Predator is the only way to go!!!!! :lol:  :lol:  :eek:

• 3 weeks later...
I just read the GM install guide for your Diablo Sport Predator .  Man you must have some DEEP pockets.  You need to run their power tune setup with Super unleaded gas ONLY or risk damaging your truck.  No power tuning with regular?  To add to that you need to run your truck in TOW/HAUL mode in order to have the power tune running correctly?  Too many hoops to jump through for me.  I'll stick with my Hypertech.  But I'm glad your happy with it.  Anyone else have a Diablo Sport Predator?

A. As far as having to run high octane fuel, I have been running 89 octane since I have installed the program with no ill effects

B. I have never had run the truck in tow/haul mode to gain performance from the program.

C. As far a running the engine lean and causing piston damage that would be about impossible to do unless you go tinkering with fuel delivery,and even if you did have problems you would easly notice a spark knock or detonation problem way before any damage could occur, which could be fixed by running a higher octane fuel or a colder thermostat

D. If you own a Hypertech programmer and believe you are getting any performance gains in anything than full throttle operation you have been mis-led (you either didnt read between the lines of how the programmer works or have been mis-informed on its capabilities)

Hypertech= :banghead:

Great.  Well I guess rules were ment to be broken.  Please keep us updated with your Predator as I'm intrested in your long term experience.  Seems pretty cool however except for what I pointed out as per Predators instructions.  But if it works as you say it does then I'll switch. :banghead:

I just read the GM install guide for your Diablo Sport Predator .  Man you must have some DEEP pockets.  You need to run their power tune setup with Super unleaded gas ONLY or risk damaging your truck.  No power tuning with regular?  To add to that you need to run your truck in TOW/HAUL mode in order to have the power tune running correctly?  Too many hoops to jump through for me.  I'll stick with my Hypertech.  But I'm glad your happy with it.  Anyone else have a Diablo Sport Predator?

I just got a Diablo for my blown 5.3 Tahoe.

You  can run 91 or 93 octane,but that is necessary with ALL programmers due to more timing=more power.This is the reason for higher octane fuel. A normal proceedure for all motors.Hypertech is only done on WOT only.I do not drive like that ever day.

Also you do not have to adj shift in tow/haul mode only,that is so you can adj that system also.

So as you can see the Diablo is a little more advanced and lets you do more a fine tune to  your vehicle overall.

If you have more than stock mods like me this is prefered .

I will be going on the dyno to get my proven results with Diablo. :thumb:

Super Jet Dyno Controlled runs...

Stock with cat back=243 RWHP

Whipple program=287 RWHP

Diablo Sport program with custom tuning option=337 RWHP (with 2.5 adj to fuel at WOT and a/f ratio at 11.8 also adj timing 10% advanced with no ping on 93 pump gas.)

SAE numbers=404 HP

Now I got the real to the pavement 100 hp I was looking for !!!  :hail:  :D  :cool:  :thumb:

Super Jet Dyno Controlled runs...

Stock with cat back=243 RWHP

Whipple program=287 RWHP

Diablo Sport program with custom tuning option=337 RWHP (with 2.5 adj to fuel at WOT and a/f ratio at 11.8 also adj timing 10% advanced with no ping on 93 pump gas.)

SAE numbers=404 HP

Now I got the real to the pavement 100 hp I was looking for !!!  :hail:  :sleep:  :D  :thumb:

Sounds pretty friggin amazing....

if only I could afford the blower or the predator.....ahhh dreams :cool:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Forget the Predator.. Go with a Westers Performance PCM.. they recommend you use 87 Octane and your vehicle will run circles around someone elses that has a predator or a Hypertech

Where do I find one of them and what is the cost? :chevy:

Archived