Removing The Front Seat - 2014 Silverado

XYZ

Will be needing to remove the 40/20/40 bench in my '14 Silverado regular cab. My '03 Sierra had the "reverse-Torx" nuts holding the seats down, so I am ready for that tool-wise, but the thing I am worried about is breaking the plastic covering these areas. Has anyone pulled their front seats yet, and if so, how about the plastic covers?

Will be needing to remove the 40/20/40 bench in my '14 Silverado regular cab. My '03 Sierra had the "reverse-Torx" nuts holding the seats down, so I am ready for that tool-wise, but the thing I am worried about is breaking the plastic covering these areas. Has anyone pulled their front seats yet, and if so, how about the plastic covers?

Yea' lots. Remove the cap on the back of the lower track trim then slide the trim forward. Two torx bolts at the rear of track the tip the rear up and slide the seat to the rear. They usually come out pretty easy but going back in can be a pain. Be patient and careful. The seat track can scratch the rocker trin very easily.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...

Used a t45 bit for mine, then a t25 to remove the seat belt panel screw. Easy enough to remove from the track, and only slightly harder to get back on the track.

But how do you remove the seat belt, so the seat can be pulled from the cab?

edit:

I see the panel has another screw at the front bottom. Do the seat levers come off with the panel, or do they need to be taken off first?

• 4 weeks later...

Seat belt assembly is attached to the seat with a single T50 Torx screw, you have to raise the seat up high to see it and take off the lowest piece of plastic trim. Just make sure when you put the assembly back onto the seat that the pin next to the screw in the seat belt assy goes into the mating slot in the seat bracket, it keeps the seat belt assy from rotating when you're tightening the screw. If the pin isn't in the slot it feels like you've tightened the seat belt assy but in fact the screw isn't fully engaged and the pin is bending the bracket.

The seat adjustment levers are part of the plastic trim assembly and don't need to be removed individually.

Also, to make it easier to get the seat back into the two sets of slots in the floor, take off the plastic trim piece from the track that's closer to the center of the truck, then after the seat is back in the slots you can snap the trim back on. Although I'm not even sure why they put trim there anyway, it's hidden between the seat and the center console.

Archived