I have a small "chip" in the chrome of my grill....

Scratches

I knew it was bound the happen sooner or later, but I now have a small chip on the upper, center part of my grill (right above the red GMC letters), and my eyes go DIRECTLY to it when I look at my truck.

I know it shouldn't bother me like it does, but I just got the friggin' thing the first of June, and I have been handling it like I would handle eggs.

Crap......

Thanks for letting me vent!

Everyone have a great weekend!

Well I picked up my truck and within the first month like 3 weeks the girlfriend and my father hit the back tail gate and rear pained bumper with a 2 inch pole while we were camping at the car race.

So I was able to buff out the one in the gate and add a little touch up can hardly see it. Covered up the scratch enough that your eye doesn't go right to it.

Then last weekend it looks like a big rock hit the front came from a dump truck and I had a nice big paint chip to touch up on the front bumper cover..

I will say the paint on these things is very very thin.

Of course the same issue I have had with every truck is pitting in the windshield is already starting from flying junk..

At least i had three glorious weeks of new truck ha ha.

In the first week or so I had a rock pit in the windshield. I70 through the mountains around here is notorious for destroying windshields. glad it wasn't a full chip/star whatever you choose to call it but still, right in the center in front of the passenger. couldn't have been along the edges. in the grand scheme something is going to happen to blemish the truck (usually right away just to piss you off) so that's not too bad. If the wife backed into something or I got a door ding I'd be beside myself.

I forgot what a giant stress pain in the ass a new car is though, paranoid about everything!! where to park, who's driving near me, kids in the garage, kids inside the truck. haha life was easy when my Tahoe was 12 years old and I didn't have to worry about it lol

so nice though, just love driving it.

Archived