07-13 4.3 motor swap in 2005 silverado?

I'm in search for a replacement motor for my 2005 v6 silverado. I can get a 4.3 out of a 2008 express with 70k for $650 but was told it wasn't compatable with my 05 silverado. Can anyone explain why these aren't interchangeable because a 2005 4.3 out of a silverado is $750 with 130k. If this is true, how can I make it work in my 05?

I know based on my 2011 Chevy 4.3L V6. GM made quite a few changes to the 4.3L V6, GM got rid of the distributor, Now uses a coil pack assembly mounted where the old distributor use to be. The "hole" is still there, It's 'plugged'(you can remove the plug) GM uses a "stub shaft" to drive the oil pump off the cam. The Fuel system is also Return-less now and uses a variable speed fuel pump to control fuel pressure. Engine also uses a 4x cam sensor and a 58x crank sensor. Dual Knock sensors, electronic throttle control.

Even if you swapped the fuel system, removed the coil on plug ignition system, the oil pump drive stub-shaft and installed a distributor. (Assuming the cam drive gear is the same) Both the cam and crank sensors won't work with the stock 2005 ECU and wiring, Just swapping in the 2005's sensor's won't work with the engine's cam and crank shaft reluctor rings. I remember reading in another forum awhile back, someone tried to swap in a Distributor-less 4.3L V6 into an older truck and never got it to run right from what I remember. Sorry can't remember what forum as this was a while ago.

Archived