newbie here and I did some extensive research here as well as other blogs, but cant seem to see an answer so here goes

have a new 2014 Tahoe LS SSV police defender that I use for my personal patrol car. I own it. problem is that at night we take our own calls for service on our cell phones and trying to talk on a phone while writing down suspect info or whatever would greatly be enhanced if I had Bluetooth. don't really need onstar in this case.

this truck does not have onstar/no buttons on mirror and no roof top antenna. no BT either. can this vehicle have BT by adding the vcim? not looking for instructions or part numbers YET LOL.

im in the process of trading out steering wheels and adding the radio/phone controls that come with a heated wheel. in that regard, do I need to change out the clock spring? I just added LTZ power retractable mirrors today and need to get the new door controllers and have them flashed to get the turn indicator in the mirror to function.

any info greatly appreciated. the cost of this addition isn't necessarily a major deal and im adding all kinds of cool stuff and BT would be the bomb. live in the dallas fort worth area and if someone around here can get this done for me I would entertain paying to have it done. thanks for your input.

• 4 weeks later...

Does your truck have radio controls on the steering wheel? If no OnStar buttons on mirror, the factory Bluetooth would need to have steering wheel controls. If no controls on steering wheel, you may be better off getting aftermarket Bluetooth. There are some kits that replace the mirror now, check out ebay.

• 1 month later...

Archived