Bluetooth issues after iOS 8 upgrade

smokey982

I have a '14 Silverado crew cab and I recently upgraded my iPhone 5 to the new iOS 8 software for my iPhone. But since the upgrade I've noticed my phone disconnecting and reconnecting randomly for some reason. If I had to guess I would say in a 15 minute drive it will disconnect and reconnect 3-5 times. Has anyone else had this issue?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had the same issue with one of the IO7 updates. Reset the phone, deleted the Bluetooth connection (unpaired) to the truck and re-established (paired again) Bluetooth connection. Been fine ever since. I haven't done the IO8 thing yet.

iPhone has to plugged in for Pandora to play. It will not work over Bluetooth for iPhone.

I thought the same thing too at first. Pandora works over the bluetooth in my truck but you have to get it started on the phone and hit the media button. When my wife is in the truck thats what she likes to hear. I haven't figured out how to thumb with it yet. Here is some pics of it playing without a cable.

IMG_6383_zps7871fade.jpg

IMG_6384_zps2312f79d.jpg

I upgraded my iPhone 5S to IOS 8 and didn't notice any issues. But I upgraded to an iPhone 6 and can no longer make calls in my truck. I can initiate the call using voice command. But as soon as the person answers the Intellilink says "Call Ended" but the call is still connected. Then I realized if I pick up the phone and switch the sound fromI have to switch the sound from Bluetooth back to iPhone to be able to have the conversation. Ugh!!!

Similar Pandora discussion here...http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/164796-mylink-iphone-6-pandora-issue/

Depends on whether you start Pandora from iPhone or Mylink

Quote from Fondupot in the other thread

Just upgraded from iPhone 5S to iPhone 6. Bluetooth works (most of the time) but cannot use the USB connection anymore. Anyone have any remedies?

Funny you say that. I still have my 5, but I noticed this morning that my USB wasn't working either. I stole the cable from my daughters room so I assumed the cable was bad. It would come in and out occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i6 and a 4S upgraded to iOS8 both once in a while disconnect and reconnect BT. I've also noticed it does this with BT ear buds so it's not just our trucks. Doesn't do it often. Prolly just some quirks with new iOS.

Archived