Horns and seatbelt, open door etc. warning tone

frankf

:chevrolet: Hi everyone. Am new to the forum (from RI) and have some questions about my 2006 Chevy Suburban. First, one of the horns doesn't work and I just can't seem to find them in order to fix the problem (any ideas on how?). Second, the device that gives an audible tone warning that a door is open. use seat belt and others also quit working. Can anyone help me out? Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

Drmr #1

The audible warnings alert the driver of a system concern or a critical vehicle condition. The radio generates the audible warnings through the left front speaker. The radio receives audible warning requests via the class 2 serial data line. If the radio receives multiple audible warning requests, the warning with the highest priority sounds first. On vehicles with an audio amplifier, the amplifier instead of the radio generates the audible warnings and receives audible warnings requests via the class 2 serial data line. Either the radio or the audio amplifier is the chime producer.

In addition to the above, the chime comes through on the Drivers side door speaker. Check to see if you have music coming through it. The Bose door speaker has been known to fail on regular basis. Some people would view that lack of chime as a blessing. I know it drives me nuts and to think you can only make it louder. Good luck

Archived