Gm discount?? Nephews now included

ndogg ct

I got the discount from my uncle when I bought my truck in sept of 2013. He is a GM retiree . I got the same discount that he gets. Back then it was basically on a month to month basis . I think it was a month later they made nieces,nephews aunts and uncles permanent .

It might be possible, but what you have to look at is the actualy discount, is it the employee discount or the friends and family discount? People say discount but there are two, with friends and family being half of an employee discount.

Either way when you shop the GM discount I never lay that on the table first, as its possible thats it not the best deal. You ask how am I supposed to know what the Gm discount is. two ways go to another dealer and pick out what you want and get the pricing. Two go to gamfamilyfirst.com and build your vehicle using the appropriate discount, then go to a dealer and hagle the same vehcile using no discounts.

There is GM Employee Pricing (Family), and then there is GM Supplier Pricing (Friends of GM Employee)or (Actual Employees of GM Suppliers)

There is a big difference in the Discounts. Almost 3 times as much for GM Family. Approximately $6,000 for GM Employee/Family listed in the link Mike posted above on a $40,000 truck, versus $2,000 for Supplier Discount.

GM Employees/Retirees can only give out so many Family Discounts (approximately 5-10) per year, but can give out Several of the Friends/Supplier Discounts.

GM Supplier Employees can use 2 Supplier Discounts per year, and can give out 2 more to Family/Friends only after using the Discount themselves. They have a certain number of months to do this, then the recipient has a limited time to utilize the Discount. Thinking it is roughly in the 12 months time frame.

The OP would be eligible for the same exact discount that the GM Employee/Retiree would be eligible for. The Supplier Discount really doesn't help much, because most dealers offer that pricing to everyone, and you can actually haggle a little better deal.

I know for a fact that the Aunts/Uncles/Nieces/Nephews came out as early as December 2012, originally on a non-permanent basis, but I think it is currently permanent, at least until they modify it again.

If you do use either of the Discounts (Employee or Supplier), that is your trump card and dealers will not negotiate any further. Cut and dry. That said, not many will be able to negotiate a better price than the GM Employee Discount. Then you can also add in any other incentives, such as Rebates, GM Loyalty Discount, GM Trade-In, and several others.

There is GM Employee Pricing (Family), and then there is GM Supplier Pricing (Friends of GM Employee)or (Actual Employees of GM Suppliers)

There is a big difference in the Discounts. Almost 3 times as much for GM Family. Approximately $6,000 for GM Employee/Family listed in the link Mike posted above on a $40,000 truck, versus $2,000 for Supplier Discount.

GM Employees/Retirees can only give out so many Family Discounts (approximately 5-10) per year, but can give out Several of the Friends/Supplier Discounts.

GM Supplier Employees can use 2 Supplier Discounts per year, and can give out 2 more to Family/Friends only after using the Discount themselves. They have a certain number of months to do this, then the recipient has a limited time to utilize the Discount. Thinking it is roughly in the 12 months time frame.

The OP would be eligible for the same exact discount that the GM Employee/Retiree would be eligible for. The Supplier Discount really doesn't help much, because most dealers offer that pricing to everyone, and you can actually haggle a little better deal.

I know for a fact that the Aunts/Uncles/Nieces/Nephews came out as early as December 2012, originally on a non-permanent basis, but I think it is currently permanent, at least until they modify it again.

If you do use either of the Discounts (Employee or Supplier), that is your trump card and dealers will not negotiate any further. Cut and dry. That said, not many will be able to negotiate a better price than the GM Employee Discount. Then you can also add in any other incentives, such as Rebates, GM Loyalty Discount, GM Trade-In, and several others.

To add that, as i just pulled it from https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/, look below for who is eligible for employee pricing.

spouses, children, grandchildren,

parents, stepparents, grandparents

(including in-law and step), siblings

(including full, half and step),

stepchildren, stepgrandchildren,

mother-/father-in-law, sons-/

daughters-in-law, brothers-/sisters-inlaw,

aunts, uncles, nieces and

nephews. Same-sex domestic

partners (SSDPs) of eligible

participants also qualify, where

applicable. (Note: Eligible SSDPs are

treated the same as spouses and,

therefore, their eligible family

members are also included.

I bought two vehicles last year and went through the system with my dad I beleive he was able to get 6 of each, employee and friends pricings. Which a friend and family discount can go to anybody. As ventilator said once you lay the discount your bargaining power on price is over. With that said a dealer virtually gets full price on that vehicle that has a discount code, everybody wins, gm gets a sale as well as dealer and buyer gets a good price. Its a hard price to beat, but like I said earlier you would be wise to hold onto to that trump card if you want to call it that and find out what that dealer can do. With that said dont expect to get say a price of x with the kitchen sink thrown in, then slap your discount down and think your going to get the same.

But after I apply the discount I then ask, what are you going to do, and they always look at me like huhhh, then I explain that I am an educated buyer, and I know you are getting the money back on the rebates as well as the discount from manufacture. Ultimately they throw the fit of you dont understand and we dont get anything. I then say ok Ill keep looking, within 10 seconds I am usually sitting back down signing papers for the vehicle including free oil changes, more for my trade, running boards etc.

I suggest you go to the link i provided and click build and price with the applicable discount you will get. Build what you want, and that pricing will include all incentives and the discount. Bring that sheet in and they have to match it, ( i think I have been within 200 bucks both times I did it, as dealer systems dont always match )

Here is a link to the Supplier Discount. Looks like the margin is not as wide as when I purchased back in September 2013 between GM Family First and GM Supplier Discount. They were giving Family additional incentives back then.

https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/

https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/

Compare (click for details) the same Sierra in both of the links, Family is almost $$1,500 (roughly $3,800) better discount than of Supplier (roughly $2,400). They also offer other incentives to GM Employee/Family from time to time which can increase the discount another 50%+.

If you are looking to buy, go to the GM Family First, GM Supplier Sites and get a code. They actually sent me an additional $1500 Exclusive Private Offer to buy a GM truck, and I have seen $750 Exclusive Private Offers go out to GM Supplier, and other non-qualifying Family/Friends of GM Employees/Retirees. This was able to be added on top of all other discounts and incentives. This costs you nothing but a few minutes of your time, and I would request one, but there is no guarantee of getting one.

It sure is a nice surprise to find in your mailbox, especially when you are going to buy a new truck anyway. Another $1,500 off my best price? Heck yeah! I bought last September, so incentives should be similar, and the Exclusive Private Offer can/could be used to order one as well. Last year (September 2013) mine was good for the 2014 Sierra/Silverado 1500's, or the 2013 or 2014 Sierra/Silverado HD's. So this year is should be the 2015's and maybe some 2014's?

In either case, sign up so you have the chance to receive the Exclusive Private Offer. I qualify for both GM Employee/Family, and GM Supplier, as well as Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, and other Partnership Programs. Drove them all, bought the GMC.

If you are looking to buy, go to the GM Family First, GM Supplier Sites and get a code. They actually sent me an additional $1500 Exclusive Private Offer to buy a GM truck, and I have seen $750 Exclusive Private Offers go out to GM Supplier, and other non-qualifying Family/Friends of GM Employees/Retirees. This was able to be added on top of all other discounts and incentives. This costs you nothing but a few minutes of your time, and I would request one, but there is no guarantee of getting one.

It sure is a nice surprise to find in your mailbox, especially when you are going to buy a new truck anyway. Another $1,500 off my best price? Heck yeah! I bought last September, so incentives should be similar, and the Exclusive Private Offer can/could be used to order one as well. Last year (September 2013) mine was good for the 2014 Sierra/Silverado 1500's, or the 2013 or 2014 Sierra/Silverado HD's. So this year is should be the 2015's and maybe some 2014's?

In either case, sign up so you have the chance to receive the Exclusive Private Offer. I qualify for both GM Employee/Family, and GM Supplier, as well as Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, and other Partnership Programs. Drove them all, bought the GMC.

The private offer certificates from the web site ultimately proved useless to me. GM will only let you use one private offer per transaction and they often times code some of the factory rebates as a private offers, which then makes stacking the website certificate not possible.

I bought my truck back during the Presidents Day sale. At that time, $1500 of the Presidents Day bonus cash was coded as a private offer. They would either apply the $1500 Presidents Day bonus cash OR my $1000 off private certificate from the website, but not both. Obviously I went with the $1500 in private offer Presidents Day bonus cash rather than the lesser $1000 certificate. The point is that you could only use one private offer per transaction, so the website certificate ended up being useless due to the fact that GM coded part of the rebate bonus cash at the time as a private offer also.... I'm sure they are still doing the same now as part of the Truck Month bonus cash offers.

Here is a link to the Supplier Discount. Looks like the margin is not as wide as when I purchased back in September 2013 between GM Family First and GM Supplier Discount. They were giving Family additional incentives back then.

https://www.gmsupplierdiscount.com/

https://www.gmfamilyfirst.com/

Compare (click for details) the same Sierra in both of the links, Family is almost $$1,500 (roughly $3,800) better discount than of Supplier (roughly $2,400). They also offer other incentives to GM Employee/Family from time to time which can increase the discount another 50%+.

keep in mind for the employee discount or friends and family, the employee is the only one that can get you a code unless that changed recently? They need your name and birthday, and that code is good for 6 months

Another thing I have seen and it happened to me when I used GM employee pricing they would not allow me to use the GM credit cards points either. I think that is still in place.

It depends which GM card you have..... check out the below link....

https://www.gmcard.com/about-the-card?cd=efc&media=X5IM099AAX1312004026XXHHX&WT.mc_id=CRS_X5IM004026&eVar25=VPP_FF_HP_EFC_PT

It clearly says you can combine both GM Extended Family Card cash along with your supplier/employee discount for even more savings.

When I bought my truck back in February, I used an employee discount and they asked me if I had any GM Card cash to use towards the purchase also, which I didn't unfortunately.... I haven't used my GM Card, since they changed the program years ago from the unlimited 5% when it first started. My salesman told me that the GM Card cash will pretty much combine with any other savings/discount out there.

If you have GM Card cash, the best time to buy is during one of the top off your account promo periods.

Archived