LEVELING KIT FINAL ANSWER!

SO, I have seen so many different answers on here and i am confused and want to know for sure before i order and install. on a 2014 silverado 1500 double cab 4x4 what size level kit do i need to make it dead nuts level? i have heard 1.5, 2, 2.5, and even 3? someone please let me know what size i need and whats cheapest way to get it and get it installed. i heard belle tire does it all the time for people. thanks so much in advance!

I think all trucks are a little different depending on trim package, factory tire/wheel size, etc. my suggestion would be to buy the Rough Counrty 2.5" lift as it gives you several options. You can install all the spacers to give it 2.5" lift in front or you can leave out the top strut spacers to give you only 2" in front. It also comes with optional blocks to raise the rear about 1".

I have a 4x4 crew cab lt with the 6.5' bed. I installed all the front spacers and it set "dead nuts level" according to the tape measure, but it looked like the front sat higher than the rear. I then installed the rear blocks and it now LOOKS level but it sits about an inch higher in the rear.

I was looking for maximum ground clearance so I'm happy. Hope that helps.

Not every truck sits the same from the factory, believe it or not. So you're not likely to get the answer here. Instead, get a measuring tape and measure your front and rear fender heights. With some simple math, Bam! Youll have your answer. :thumbs:

Oh and cheapest install is in your garage. Trust me it's way too easy to pay for.

Thanks guys, I guess to answer your questions. I want it to sit level obviously but at same time I am hoping to go to some bigger tires, probably 30's nothing crazy just to beef it up a bit. The rough country 2.5 is the most common one I have seen. As far as install do I need a lift to do this or is it pretty simple? I am a service manager at a powersports dealership and one of my techs used to be a gm Tech so I am sure he can figure it out. Thanks! And what one off of rough countrt website should I go with

Thanks guys, I guess to answer your questions. I want it to sit level obviously but at same time I am hoping to go to some bigger tires, probably 30's nothing crazy just to beef it up a bit. The rough country 2.5 is the most common one I have seen. As far as install do I need a lift to do this or is it pretty simple? I am a service manager at a powersports dealership and one of my techs used to be a gm Tech so I am sure he can figure it out. Thanks! And what one off of rough countrt website should I go with

You realize the stock tries are close to 32s right?

30s! :jester:

With a floor jack placed in between the two front wheels jack it up to where both wheels are off the ground. Then use a couple of well placed jack stands under the frame rails.

Remove front wheels/tires.

Depending on the leveling kit chosen, remove either 10mm bolts on the bottom of the strut, the top of the strut, or both and just pull the strut out.

A pry bar is very helpful for getting the strut back in and lined up with the spacers in. There is no need to remove ball joints or sway bar ends. A good pry bar is all it takes. And an extra set of hands if you have em.

I recently swapped the struts on our old tahoe, alone in the garage, in less than an hour. If the kit you choose is just a bottom mount kit (2"), you can do it in about 20 minutes. There's plenty of videos on you tube as well.

I think all trucks are a little different depending on trim package, factory tire/wheel size, etc. my suggestion would be to buy the Rough Counrty 2.5" lift as it gives you several options. You can install all the spacers to give it 2.5" lift in front or you can leave out the top strut spacers to give you only 2" in front. It also comes with optional blocks to raise the rear about 1".

I have a 4x4 crew cab lt with the 6.5' bed. I installed all the front spacers and it set "dead nuts level" according to the tape measure, but it looked like the front sat higher than the rear. I then installed the rear blocks and it now LOOKS level but it sits about an inch higher in the rear.

I was looking for maximum ground clearance so I'm happy. Hope that helps.

Same here. I did the RC 2" level kit and while it was close, I still got the impression the hood looked raised up compared to the back. Even though, he tape measure said otherwise. I ended up ordering the 2.25" rear block and to me, it looks great. Plus, it's got that extra 1" in the back so it doesn't look saggy hauling a bag of mulch!

for someone who's never worked on cars, at all, can this be done without an installer? I had a guy quote me 220 labor only to install.

Any tire or wheel places do this kind of stuff for less?

Do you have basic tools? There are tutorials on YouTube you can follow. Prior to installing mine I never have done suspension work. Now it's easy just did an outer tie rod. Took longer to jack the truck up and remove the tire than fix it

Ryan

Do you have basic tools? There are tutorials on YouTube you can follow. Prior to installing mine I never have done suspension work. Now it's easy just did an outer tie rod. Took longer to jack the truck up and remove the tire than fix it

Ryan

sure, basic tools, but no jacks or jack stands other than the spare jack on the truck.

Archived