Picked up my truck! Couple newbie questions

Clocked92

Hey everyone. I picked up my truck today and I am beyond happy! Just a couple little questions that I'm sure are really simple answers.

I have the front and rear park assist. I was pulling up to my garage door and noticed that just the front bar in the DIC between the gauges lit up. This means I'm getting close but I never heard a beep and my seat didnt vibrate. I thought that they were suppose to. Is some setting turned off or am I just not close enough to set it off?

I have a Sierra Slt all terrain. Do I even have the vibrating seat? No big deal if I don't really.

I haven't tried the backup sensors yet to see if they beep or if my seat vibrates.

The whole intellilink system will take some learning. I'm not use to so many computers in vehicles.

Really, it might be quicker just to call the dealer and have them tell you by your vin an package options. Though I think I have the papers from my car that tell me all the extras that were added on it.

Must have been a bad dealer they are supposed to give you a walk through of the features in your truck. Go back there and ask for it. I have to tell the to leave me alone ill read it in the manual. I can only retain it by doing or reading, showing goes in one ear out the other.

Correct, to have the seats vibrate you need the Lane Change assist package which I don't think you can get on the AT package. My AT doesn't have it and only the icon on the dash pops up as I get close to things.

Correct, to have the seats vibrate you need the Lane Change assist package which I don't think you can get on the AT package. My AT doesn't have it and only the icon on the dash pops up as I get close to things.

Ok ya I don't have the lane change package. Does your truck chime or beep when you get close to things in the front or back though?

the vibrating seat is only for the lane assist warning.

the parking sensors (front and rear) will light up in the center dash screen when you get close, and will beep when you get REAL close.

I think there is like a few levels of "closeness" that the sensors can detect and they beep when its near the 2-3 bottom levels. meaning when you are close to an object.

Mine go off just pulling into my garage, its a 9' wide door so its just sensing the sides of the garage.

congrats on the new truck.

No, on mine a little guy jumped out with an orange flag. The closer I got to something the faster he waved the flag. Mine was an early build so maybe they updated that option.

How early? My LTZ was built August 2013 and has the lines. Is this another Sierra thing? Also, Safety Seat will vibrate if set instead of sound. Mine works like this excerpt from the Silverado OM..

The instrument cluster parking assist display has bars that show

distance to object and object location information for URPA, and on some vehicles, for the Front Parking Assist system. As the object gets closer, more bars light up. When an object is first detected in the rear, one beep will be heard from the rear, or both sides of the Safety Alert Seat will pulse two times. When an object is very close (<0.6 m (2 ft) in the vehicle rear, or <0.3 m (1 ft) in the vehicle front), a continuous beep will sound from the front or rear, or both sides of the Safety Alert Seat will pulse five times. Beeps for Front Parking Assist are higher pitched than for Rear Parking Assist.

Must have been a bad dealer they are supposed to give you a walk through of the features in your truck. Go back there and ask for it. I have to tell the to leave me alone ill read it in the manual. I can only retain it by doing or reading, showing goes in one ear out the other.

They did offer but I basically told them that I'd figure it out on my own. Most stuff is pretty simple, I'm the same way in that I like doing it myself or reading it to actually learn.

They did offer but I basically told them that I'd figure it out on my own. Most stuff is pretty simple, I'm the same way in that I like doing it myself or reading it to actually learn.

OP, Just so you know, there is a lot of good stuff collected here... 2014 Info, Searching, & Topics Index *UPDATED-05/17/14*

If you have a question, it might have been discussed before...and I have found between this link and the Owner's Manual (yes, the infamous OM), there is a lot of good info. Have fun and enjoy your new truck!

the beep/seat vibrate doesnt happen until the closest line on the DIC. it also doesnt happen until 12 inches from something in the rear. if you turn on seat vibrate for lane departure/collision warning it will also enable seat vibrate for parking sensors. PITA when i want beeps for parking and vibrate for lane departure.

Archived