Drivers seat comfort?

So I spend some time with a Level trying to see if the seat was actually higher on the right hand side but it alll appears square. This is basically the only issue with my new truck that makes me regretful.

I tried a less then scientific experiment with a 10lb down rigger weight and what I found was that the seat deforms less on the right then the left. Almost like there are two different types or amounts of materials on the seat itself. I am going to swing by an upholstery shop next week and get their opinions.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The people complaining about the seat on the right side I have 2 reasons why I think the problem is. I don't have that problem and I have cloth seats.

1: As I said before, your wallet may be too thick.

Solution - Take it out and keep it in the center console until you get out, or lighten it up.

2: Boney ass syndrome

Solution - Do squats, or find a cushion to put on top of the seat.

A Chiropractor made me switch years ago to carrying my wallet in the front pocket. It functions as a wedge when in the back pocket and will cause all sorts of pain and alignment issues, especially on long drives and working from a desk. Things like an un-level side to to side sitting plane now drive me crazy. IF I could add one thing to these seats would be vibrators for the legs and lower backs...However if I got my wish I'd be dead in a weak from falling asleep while driving.

Could it be that the seat is not centered to the steering wheel? (at-least it doesn't look or feel like it is). I agree that they are not as comfortable as the ones in my 2013 where. Also adjusting while driving is a nightmare, hand barely fits between seat and door and watch scrapes the door panel while trying.

• 1 year later...

I'm in the same boat. My initial assessment of the seats was that they were comfortable, but after months of commuting I can no longer tolerate even getting in the truck. Really sucks because I like the truck other than this. I do have the cloth seats, but never had a problem in previous GM vehicles. I have no problem in my wife's 2009 Traverse LTZ. Its like they took the design of a plane seat and used it in the new models to create more room in the back. I'm using a seat cushion now which has helped a bit. Any suggestions from others that struggle with this issue and what you've done?

I agree with the seat is to high in the front,the front part of the bottom seat want let down enough,it puts a little pressure on my legs.Looks like gm would fix this to make it more comfy,i looked under the seat and it looks like the motor is out of time or something and want let it go down far enough.If it would go down about another inch or so it would be a lot more comfortable.

I agree with the seat is to high in the front,the front part of the bottom seat want let down enough,it puts a little pressure on my legs.Looks like gm would fix this to make it more comfy,i looked under the seat and it looks like the motor is out of time or something and want let it go down far enough.If it would go down about another inch or so it would be a lot more comfortable.

Has anyone got any thoughts to help with the "clamshell" feeling like in the above post? I suffer from severe back issues and this really makes it tough on me. Maybe some of you aerospace engineers can think some shit up haha. Please.

• 1 month later...

experiencing the same problem with my 2014 silverado WT. I think if the bottom of the seat could tilt it would fix the issue,maybe aftermarket seat replacement? for now I just deal with it and get out stretch my legs on long trips

My '16 Sierra leather buckets work very well for me on multi-hour trips, certainly much better than the leather buckets in my Tundra. And I have a business relationship with two separate chiropractors.

And SteveBBB - we all have the same butt. Except for those with the four quadrant butts. I think they buy the other brands.

experiencing the same problem with my 2014 silverado WT. I think if the bottom of the seat could tilt it would fix the issue,maybe aftermarket seat replacement? for now I just deal with it and get out stretch my legs on long trips

Had a similar problem in a '96 K1500. I solved it tilting the seat under the track with a stack of grade 8 washers and longer mounting bolts.

Overall, the seats in my Denali are the most comfortable I've had in a truck. My last truck was a '06 Tundra. In Texas, every drive to something is a 4 hour drive. In the Tundra, I'd get out and have to stretch. In the Denali, I don't feel the need to do that anymore.

• 2 months later...

I had a 2008 Pontiac G6 before I bought my 2016 Z71. Both of these had/has cloth seats and honestly I can't find a seating position that is comfortable. I'm not sure if it is because I prefer the feel of a leather seat and the way my body conforms to it or what, but I know I will be putting leather in my truck after it get's lifted.

Everyone must have a different butt. I traded in a 2013 with cloth seats for a 2014 with cloth seats and I think the 2014 is much more comfortable and like someone else mentioned the new material with the 2014 is very easy to keep clean. I'm 5'11.

All Asses matter!

Put your wallet in your left pocket.

That's where my cock is so that's a no go!

• 4 weeks later...

Wow, I thought it was just me. My 2017 Sierra Denali hurts my right butt cheek and is starting to tweak the lower right side of my back. No matter what I do, I just can't get it right. I can tell you one thing, there just isn't enough side support for your thighs. Elevating the seat up to take pressure off your leg does nothing but squish your gut. I also feel that the pedal cluster isn't far back enough even with the adjustable pedal option. I used to love driving in my 2009 Silverado LTZ Z71 and this supposed "luxury" truck has been nothing but disappointment so far. A clunky tranny and uncomfortable seats...oh boy! Seriously thinking about dumping this piece of garbage even if I have to take a loss.

Archived