Zane

Zane- thanks for the review! How would the I4 handle situations such as merging into fast moving traffic, passing ability...things like that?

Thanks!

Mark

You are welcome. The four-cylinder I drove was an extended cab 2WD and I had a passenger but no cargo. My guess is you would have little issue driving around alone or with another person. It's able to speed up fairly quickly unloaded. If you thought you'd tow a trailer or haul a measurable amount of weight in the bed I would suggest the 3.6L V6 or wait for the 2.8L Duramax.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the review and the pictures. I might have to seriously consider one next time I'm in the market for a new truck as I really don't haul much and I've never towed with my current or my previous crew cab.

You are welcome. The four-cylinder I drove was an extended cab 2WD and I had a passenger but no cargo. My guess is you would have little issue driving around alone or with another person. It's able to speed up fairly quickly unloaded. If you thought you'd tow a trailer or haul a measurable amount of weight in the bed I would suggest the 3.6L V6 or wait for the 2.8L Duramax.

That is the exact config I am looking to buy and your response was what I hoped to hear. Thanks again!

Thanks for the detailed info. I find it interesting and confusing that your pictures of the red SLT Canyon show a body colored grille while all the ordering and configuration options on the SLT only allow for a chrome grille. Body colored looks far better imho.

That is the exact config I am looking to buy and your response was what I hoped to hear. Thanks again!

Awesome. Let us all know if you end up getting one. :cheers:

Thanks for the detailed info. I find it interesting and confusing that your pictures of the red SLT Canyon show a body colored grille while all the ordering and configuration options on the SLT only allow for a chrome grille. Body colored looks far better imho.

Yes, I think the body color matched grille looked amazing. It is a dealer installed accessory. Same with all the roof racks, mounts, and some of the other accessories pictured.

Great review! :thumbs:

I'm not holding my breath. I have a feeling the pricing will not be much different than the full size which will mean why go small if only a few more $$$ for a little more room. Just my .02 cents.

If the diesel does come out, at least I feel that will sell well. Seems to be a nice market for it and from all the farmers around here that I have talked to they would buy one for sure.

I still can't get behind the look of these things. I know they didn't just want to make a mini-version of the Silverado and Sierra, but I think these look pretty wimpy. Too many curves and not enough boxiness and straight lines. Especially the front-end of the Chevy. It looks like the front end of a small sedan. The front end of the Canyon is better, but I'm still not loving it.

There are multiple choices but Z71 or All Terrain restricts you to the trim/seat specific to that package.

When I go to the "build your own" site, no matter what trim level I select, the only interior option is:

InteriorJet Black, Cloth/Leatherette seat trim

I have a feeling the pricing will not be much different than the full size which will mean why go small if only a few more $$$ for a little more room. Just my .02 cents.

I could argue no one should buy a 1500 as the 2500HD is only a little more and far more "truck". Or no one should buy a small car, because a mid size is only little more.... A mid size truck is for those that don't want/need a full size truck.

Archived