Anyone with a 2015 6.2l with the 8 speed auto?

Possibly getting into a 2015 Sierra with the 6.2 and the 8 speed transmission. The dealer didn't have any I could test drive and wondering if anyone on here had picked one up yet. Checking to see how you liked it, especially if you've had a 6 speed Sierra/Silverado prior to the 8 speed.

Take care guys!

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assumed with all the 2015 5.3 trucks hitting the lots already that there would be a few 6.2 trucks with the 8 speed out there. After extensive searching, I can't find a single one for sale. I would like to test drive one just to make sure before I place the order.

The information I have is 4th quarter at earliest. I know it is only a week or so away, so I would say mid Oct some select vehicles might start to show up in the Dealers Showrooms.

For what it's worth, I would be very leery, and drive one first. I got the first 6.2-6sp in the S-Denali in '07 and it was horrible. The engine wasn't, but the 6sp was, 2-3 computer updates to it over the next 2 years, and it got a little better, but I will never do that again.

I don't think many dealers order the 6.2 for inventory.....if any show up I bet they will be orders the customers backed out of.

+1. My dealer said as soon as they have an allocation for one, it'll go towards ordering mine in.

Hard to find 6.2's on lots. Usually might only find a Denali. I ordered mine('14) and when it finally arrived had my 1st test drive. I pretty much knew I was going to like it based on feedback from this forum but that 1st drive was all grin!! :D:driving:

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is being produced as we speak, and now is when I start to get super anxious.....HURRY UP!!!!

I suspect it will be at the dealership in about two weeks but I won't take delivery/contract until Nov 1.....no incentives this month on a 15, might as well wait to see what happens next month.

For what it's worth, I would be very leery, and drive one first. I got the first 6.2-6sp in the S-Denali in '07 and it was horrible. The engine wasn't, but the 6sp was, 2-3 computer updates to it over the next 2 years, and it got a little better, but I will never do that again.

+1. I bought the first 6spd in the ford in 2011. Although it was worked fine it was clunky. Fast forward 3-4 years they are smooth. Makes me wonder the same about 8spds coming out. Unless your towing with them, I dont see the real advantage anyways.

They are also in the 2015 Corvettes, I think they are going to be fine.....the 6 speed was a massive departure from the crappy (but well tested) 4 speed. The 8 speed is not the same kind of change.

+1

Archived