Buyers remorse

moto111

So I bought a 14 silversdo black all star edition 2wd 4.3 I love it can fit my atv in back just fine and the 2wd works just fine getting back to trails. But looking at the Colorado I could get a 4x4 3.6 loaded for like 30. Should I be happy with the full size l? Only plans are to lift it 2.5 and 33s just I don't know anyone else ever feel this way

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me personally i'd much rather have the full size truck. Just looks better! And unless you came out sweet on the current truck you will probably lose some on the deal to get in the smaller truck. Good luck!

I don't know about that, I saw on line for one in transit at my local dealer website for 40k. It was a Z71 loaded. I don't expect them to come off sticker too much till the early birds get their fill. Six to eight months maybe. Im waiting to see how the diesel is. By that time Toyota and Nissian diesels will be out, fun times.

I have owned two Colorado's in the past. After that I had two Chevy Traverse's with the same 3.6 that is in the new Colorado's.

I will say the 3.6 was the most fickle engine millage wise. I highly doubt it's going to get the millage they say at least not when it gets cold out. Im waiting to see if it can actually get the nubers they say.

The 5.3 in my new 2014 Sierra already gives me more consistent millage and it's actually slightly better then the Traverse did.

The new Colorado's are slightly bigger them my old ones but not by much. I had the opritunity to sit in one at the M.I.S raceyway at the August NASCAR race. Having owned two I was crawling all over it and talking with the right person as he had the keys. So he popped it open for me.

I would still take the full sized over the Colorado's. However if your a single guy the small truck works.

I'm waiting to see the diesel engine in them though.

I've said this before but I think the 4.3 would have been a better engine in the new Colorado's.

Man, you have got to stop having this regret over this truck. You've felt buyer's remorse ever since you bought it because deep down, you want a 5.3L 4x4 but couldn't afford it, so you went with the next best option. So you have 2 choices: live with it and accept it for what it is or trade it in, get the one you really want. If you can't afford the one you really want, then think about getting a second job or selling something else or whatever you have to do to make it work. If you want it that bad, you'll find a way.

And I'm speaking from experience here. Back in 2006, I had a brand new Honda Civic. It was a basic model with an automatic transmission. I loved that car for about 4 weeks until I went on the Civic forums and found out how much better I would like the Civic Si. So, 6 weeks later, I traded in the regular Civic on an Si model even though it was $5,000 more at the time and I rolled over negative equity from the other Civic into it. I was much happier driving the Si and loved my decision, but financially it wasn't very smart. But, I worked harder, earned some more commissions and eventually dug out from the hole and vowed to never do that again. I would either wait and buy the vehicle I could afford, or I wouldn't buy it at all.

Eventually, you'll have to make a decision because although this is a nice community of people helping people here on gm-trucks, they're going to get tired of giving opinions and answering the same questions over and over again without any action on your part.

I too owned the traverse with that 3.6 motor. Terrible mileage most of the time. My 5.3 LTZ gets better mileage than the 3.6 ever did consistently. We got 13 a lot and averaged 15-17. We never saw the advertised 24 ever no matter how hard we tried. Our Silverado gets 18 average 20 a lot of the time 22 sometimes and the lowest has been 15. Hated that 3.6!!

100 years ago (it seems) I had a 4.3L 5 speed manual 2wd reg cab short bed. It looked nice, but just wasn't as cool as the guys with an extended cab 5.7L Z71, or so I thought.

Hindsight being what it is, should have never let that truck go. Cheap to operate/insure, did most everything I wanted it to do & never missed a days work due to snow/ice(2wd).

That Colorado you're thinking if will cost you a lot more today if you try trading. Even if you sold your current truck as a private party, you are going to pay close to retail on

the Colorado spec'd as you want it. Then the diesel will be out next year.

ya truck is worth like 29k trade in so il prob just do a small lift and tires and be done with it. I mean in reality havent needed 4wd for anywhere i have taken it camping, and the atv park so guess not as big of a deal.. Maybe i just need to get the look i want.

I love my V6, have zero complaints, best mileage I ever got was 26mpg, i average 24mpg during my work week. I drive about 360 miles a week, spend less than $70 in gas or so. can't complain :)

I love my 4.3L plenty of power. I only have 4x4 because I live in NE Ohio and it snows spits other freezing precipitation several months of the year. If not for that I'd have a RWD truck. I also really prefer the size and the ride it affords due to it's longer and wider wheel base.

Archived