cjb321's 06 sierra 2500HD

cjb321

GPS unit came in today, pretty easy install

wanted to mount it somewhere easy to get to so i can pull the SD card for updates, this was the only spot i could find:

IMG_0279_zpsxj0sanbx.jpg

just a shot of the head unit in nav mode:

IMG_0280_zps4g6ksypn.jpg

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I ordered this switch for my Jeep a while ago to run air horns on it but i never got around to getting them for it before i sold it. Forgot i had the switch until i found it in a drawer today so i decided that since i plan on getting another horn for this truck, air horn of some sort i'd just go ahead and install the switch. Its a momentary push button switch.

IMG_0281_zpsuqw9bycq.jpg

I actually have the harness for the fog light switch behind the dash but i dont intend to use it for the fogs when i get them so i used the headlight on wires to power the led in the switch.

Air horn should be pretty cool. I'd like to put a train horn on my at some point, but I'd hardly ever use it unless I was out in the woods or something so I couldn't justify the cost.

• 4 weeks later...

So i decided i didnt want to go through the trouble of wiring in the buttons on the steering wheel and found another company that makes one without the button with the same colors i wanted. Went with black leather this time, matches a little better but still not quite the same as the airbag but maybe its just faded with age or something, but its close enough.

IMG_0301_zpsr5xanedp.jpg

• 6 months later...

Been a while since i've posted anything here. Had to move and get some financial stuff caught up but i think im back to the point i can get working on my truck again. Nothing much other than oil changes done to it lately.

I did find some new wheels again... 3rd set on this truck lol.

IMG_0440_zpsfxqva2ll.jpg

I have factory GMC caps and lugs on order to go with them.

Chrome is flaking off in a few spots but nothing major, if it gets too bad i'll have them redipped or replaced whichever comes out cheaper, but only paid $100 for them so still not bad overall.

Nice build man. I just found it and it nice to see someone else with a gmt800 and bringing it back to it's former glory.

Keep it up and thank you cause I've been kicking around swapping out to a double din w/ NAV and I think you just sold me on it.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally, after dealing with morons on Ebay, my caps came in.

Couple hours with:

IMG_0464_zpsrehyn0sh.jpg

made my kitchen floor look like this:

IMG_0463_zpsb9b5dx8b.jpg

finished 2 wheels lol, my hands couldnt take anymore:

IMG_0462_zps8mrnnkhr.jpg

I'll get a better picture tomorrow, too dark to get decent picture now.

• 4 weeks later...

Final payment made as of 5 minutes ago. Paid off 9 months early :)

Now i need to find a cheap beater so i can start doing the major stuff that's too hard to do when i have to drive it everyday.

i know this is a GM site and i'll prolly get bashed on about it and i kinda feel guilty but......

new daily driver:

IMG_0487_zpsq4zaxnsp.jpg

IMG_0486_zps8j6tykfv.jpg

IMG_0485_zps29rlkngv.jpg

wish i could figure out a way to make my truck dash look like this:

IMG_0489_zpsxipojcgk.jpg

Archived