Help me decide

agshooter

So I found two trucks that I am trying to decide between.

Both are 2014 crew cab 4x4

A) has remote start, larger screen with backup camera, but without nav, 3.08 gears

B) does not have remote start, smaller screen no camera, and 3.42 gears.

They are exactly the same price out the door

A) has 5K on it (owned by dealer mgr for a little while) and comes with an extra 12K/12 mo warranty b/c it is certified used. B) is brand new

I dont tow a lot, but do tow a 14' landscape trailer with anywhere from brush to furniture and plan to buy and 18' aluminum duck boat (~3K lbs).

Thoughts?

I wouldn't limit myself to those two options. Get the truck you want. It might cost a little more, but as much as even these will cost, it's worth the extra money to get the features you need and like. Otherwise you will have spent a lot of money on a truck you really aren't happy with.

Take them both for a long drive and over 75 mph. Some of these trucks have a vibration problem that GM has been unable to fix. Assuming both are trouble free I would lean towards getting the new one but I'm sure after an extended test drive you can make a good decision.

Granted We don't haul anything but a bunch of kids and sports equipment, but our Tahoe with 3.08s feels strong and has no issues getting up and moving. Seems to me 3.08s with the six speed will tow an aluminum boat with little effort. But I would always choose a lower gear ratio with all other things being equal.

I'm with blackout. Get the one with 3.08s and just do a regear. Also you can add navi to that much more easily than if you wanted to add the larger screen, navi, camera, and other things to make the other truck like that one.

Go with the one that has more options that you like

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

unless there has been any new stuff put out very recently, I haven't found too much available yet for regearing. there is one guy on here who has(forget his handle) and I emailed the guys who did his. they quoted me 1800$ for parts plus taxes and I gotta ship them up to Canada and still get them installed.. so by the sounds of it, I would be into about 3k plus dealing with any other hickups along the way as far as tuning it after for the new gears or anything else that arises..

I'll second the comment about vibration issues - at least do an extensive test drive. If it were me, I'd decide all of the features I want in my vehicle and then either find one or build one. I'm having regrets that I liked the appearance and techs of my buy and left some features behind that I wanted. Good Luck!

I wouldn't limit myself to those two options. Get the truck you want. It might cost a little more, but as much as even these will cost, it's worth the extra money to get the features you need and like. Otherwise you will have spent a lot of money on a truck you really aren't happy

Agree. Keep looking and get what you really want.

Archived