2002 gmc sierra 4x4 problems

hick_ross

Question

So I got a stupid question ....but I had to replace my u joints on my 2002 , had a hell of time getting them installed got the drive shaft off and back in took it for a drive had it at 45 mph and started to apply the brakes at the stop sign then a buzzing/clicking noise started after I applied the brakes and of course started high then low when the speed slowed down the truck . I went over a bump something sounded like it fell out , took it back to the house pulled in now with out brakes applied a noise was coming from under neath like a creaking noise tell I stopped by applying the brakes , took it around the block agian did some moderate breaking the noise came back for second then stop still with foot on brake pedal so it went away agian (but also notice brake squeak this time ) took back to the house picked up my cousin drove around agian never made another sound . Dropped him off and got up to speed the sound came back at HARD braking ....is the drive shaft making noise? And my brakes were fine from earlier today so I don't know what could happen to them for 2 hours working on the drive shaft ....any help would be appreciated guys

1 answer to this question

Archived