Shake or Vibration Poll

Shake or Vibration  

514 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Shake I would say is definetly what I saw in some of those you tube videos with the glass of water. Some people may call that a vibration though.

Others have a vibration that runs through the entire floorboard and the accelerator pedal but may not define that as a shake.

I am just trying to mirror the original poster of the shake and vibration thread.

I will never be able to please everyone, that's why I hesitated to do this poll.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would add an option for no shakes or vibration to get an idea of what % of the 14's aren't doing it.

I voted but I wouldn't really put too much stock into this poll. The only thing it will show you is the % of truck owners on this forum with vibration issues and that in no way represents what the actual market is experiencing because there's no data to suggest the members of this forum represent the broader Silverado consumer market. To really find this out, you would have to do a much more scientific poll with input from a broader group of consumers. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the effort and like I said, I voted and I'm interested to see how it turns out. I'm just saying keep it in context and at the end of the day, it's not really going to tell us much that can be considered relevant or noteworthy.

A poll doesn't work without two sides its needs a no shake or vibration included.

^This! Also this would be more appropriate in the main 2014+ forum. Posting this is in the problems subforum will yield even more biased results as mostly the only people in here are either already having problems or doing research.

I also don't know the difference between the shake and vibration. Are they different phenomena? How so?

I voted but I wouldn't really put too much stock into this poll. The only thing it will show you is the % of truck owners on this forum with vibration issues and that in no way represents what the actual market is experiencing because there's no data to suggest the members of this forum represent the broader Silverado consumer market. To really find this out, you would have to do a much more scientific poll with input from a broader group of consumers. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the effort and like I said, I voted and I'm interested to see how it turns out. I'm just saying keep it in context and at the end of the day, it's not really going to tell us much that can be considered relevant or noteworthy.[/quote

I voted but I wouldn't really put too much stock into this poll. The only thing it will show you is the % of truck owners on this forum with vibration issues and that in no way represents what the actual market is experiencing because there's no data to suggest the members of this forum represent the broader Silverado consumer market. To really find this out, you would have to do a much more scientific poll with input from a broader group of consumers. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the effort and like I said, I voted and I'm interested to see how it turns out. I'm just saying keep it in context and at the end of the day, it's not really going to tell us much that can be considered relevant or noteworthy.

Shaken-truck-syndrom ask for a poll so I did one. I understand your point completely.

^This! Also this would be more appropriate in the main 2014+ forum. Posting this is in the problems subforum will yield even more biased results as mostly the only people in here are either already having problems or doing research.I also don't know the difference between the shake and vibration. Are they different phenomena? How so?

Great idea, maybe someone will move it. Moderator can you move this to the

2014/2015 Chevrolet Silverado & GMC Sierra 1500 general forum. Thanks

ame="Silverado-Hareek" post="1508635" timestamp="1412084463"]

I voted but I wouldn't really put too much stock into this poll. The only thing it will show you is the % of truck owners on this forum with vibration issues and that in no way represents what the actual market is experiencing because there's no data to suggest the members of this forum represent the broader Silverado consumer market. To really find this out, you would have to do a much more scientific poll with input from a broader group of consumers. Don't get me wrong I appreciate the effort and like I said, I voted and I'm interested to see how it turns out. I'm just saying keep it in context and at the end of the day, it's not really going to tell us much that can be considered relevant or noteworthy.[/quote

Shaken-truck-syndrom ask for a poll so I did one. I understand your point completely.

No problem I didn't intend for my post to be a personal attack on you or anyone else. Just giving another point of view for those who may be trying to figure out something from the results of this poll.

I keep seeing this topic. My truck is an early '14 (it doesn't have the indicator light on the cargo lamp switch, that's how I know.) and I drive 90% interstate/back roads at higher speeds.

this thing rides like its on a cloud.

What's this about? Whats causing the shakes?

I keep seeing this topic. My truck is an early '14 (it doesn't have the indicator light on the cargo lamp switch, that's how I know.) and I drive 90% interstate/back roads at higher speeds.

this thing rides like its on a cloud.

What's this about? Whats causing the shakes?

Mine was built in late 2013 and mine's the same as yours. I have no vibration and rides like a Cadi. It has since day one and I have 7,000 miles on it now (got in this past April). The 1st time I noticed was when I went to the beach, 2 1/2 hour away, and the biggest bridge I go over is bumpy but spaced out. It literally felt like a boat planing over waves. It was so smooth and took every bump great. Also it never feels like I'm going as fast as I am. When going 75 it feels more like 60. I've found myself going 75-80 in a 55 zone and not meaning to. It just doesn't feel like it's going that fast.

I did not vote, as I do not have any vibration or shake at speed with my truck. I hope this helps to get the issue to be recognized by GM.

There is an option to select "no vibration or shake".

Archived