2015 Tahoefog light part #'s?

blackout07

Question

Sorry if this has been covered but I'm not able to adequately search on my tablet. I'm trying to find the part numbers for the fog lights, mounts, wiring etc for my Tahoe. It has practically every option but fog lights. Seems ridiculous to me, so I want to add them.

9 answers to this question

I'll answer this then.

Brackets - part #s 22936482 and 22936483.

Fogs are from 07-13 Silverado - part #s 25883245 and 25883246 are old part numbers but you can have the pair of lights for about $40. The new updated part #s are 22872762 and 22872763. Those are about $80 per light. I purchased my lights from Amazon using the old part #s.

The switch part # is 23187804.

Since GM techs can't provide part numbers hopefully this will help someone.

Stick your "gm techs can't get numbers " comment , we don't have access to the PARTS CATALOG !!!!

please rethink your question and subsequent replies

Very insulting , tyvm

I'll answer this then.

Fogs are from 07-13 Silverado - part #s 25883245 and 25883246 are old part numbers but you can have the pair of lights for about $40. The new updated part #s are 22872762 and 22872763. Those are about $80 per light. I purchased my lights from Amazon using the old part #s.

Looking through the GM Accessories(Canada) available for the 2015 Tahoe do not list a fog light kit. In earlier vehicles (like my 2010 Sierra SL) GM had kits that would retrofit some options. In my case, I could purchase a complete kit that would give me the optional fog/driving light kits.

Does the Tahoe have the mounts and/or mount location roughed in? For example, is the location already laid out, but has a small block off plate installed? It may be that you need to replace some large panels in order to get the mount location ready for fog light installation.

I'll answer this then.

Hey Blackout!

Awesome work, I'm very interested in doing this to my new white tahoe.

Is that all that is needed? No relays or anything additional?

Just confirming this is all I would need?

Fogs are from 07-13 Silverado - part #s 25883245 and 25883246

The switch part # is 23187804

Looking through the GM Accessories(Canada) available for the 2015 Tahoe do not list a fog light kit. In earlier vehicles (like my 2010 Sierra SL) GM had kits that would retrofit some options. In my case, I could purchase a complete kit that would give me the optional fog/driving light kits.

Does the Tahoe have the mounts and/or mount location roughed in? For example, is the location already laid out, but has a small block off plate installed? It may be that you need to replace some large panels in order to get the mount location ready for fog light installation.

Yes there are removable plates where the fogs go in. I purchased a kit for my truck and figure it's a matter of time before a kit is released, but surely there's some parts numbers out there for the housings, etc.

I would expect you would need a patch harness that goes from the fog lights to the under hood fuse panel. My 2010 Sierra fog light kit from GM came with that patch harness. Kit came with fog lights, patch wiring, and headlight switch. I would expect your Tahoe to also need the same items.

Before getting the kit I figured the truck would have been like my 1987 Mustang LX 5.0 was, that car did not have the driving lights installed or even available as an option unless you bought the GT. When I took a good look at it, the car had everything in place except the actual fog lights and the switch. There was a dummy block off switch in the dash that had the wiring for fog light plugged into it, and fog light mount provisions in place with the wiring for the lights hanging there. Cost $19 for switch, and $39 for both lights with covers.

Archived