2007 Yukon Denali- Auto Ride Suspension...Squeaky

jeffgarr

Question

I have a 2007 Yukon Denali..less than 77k miles....hearing this squeaking noise coming from front suspension...Dealer says it's the "auto-ride/suspension"...recommending replacing struts and mounts at cost of around $1800 including parts/labor.... Noise is most prevalent when driving slowly thru parking lots/over speed bumps and/or any road dip... squeak, squeak, squeak, very annoying.....

Is this common issue for suspension with Yukon?? For this extensive work, feel safer having it done at GMC dealer....or are their other recommendations places that specialize in this type of suspension work for lower price w/guaranteed work?? Appreciate any advice before I commit to spend approx. $2k to repair....

1 answer to this question

I have a 2007 Denali and it squeaks and chatters each time it hits a bump or joint in the road.   Dealer said to replace struts.   I just happened to mention it at an O'Reillys store and one of the gentlemen seemed to be very knowledgeable on the auto ride.   He said they have discovered often times it is no the shock that has failed rather the top plate and bushings at the top.  They sell those parts as replacement parts and said it has solved a lot of the complaints people have had about the struts.  He further said if the shocks have failed those throw a code that denotes a suspension problem and I have not seen any suspension code.  Not sure if that is true or not but doing a little research I believe he is correct as one article I read said the code resets itself each time the car is started for a suspension issue.  I would appreciate getting feedback on this issue.