How long for a VIN?

I was told that the current hold up on my vehicle exchange with GMC is they have to wait til a VIN is generated for my truck. My question is, how long from the time of order does it normally take? I was told by the sales manager at my dealer that the allocation has already been given for my build if that makes a difference.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hello JumpMaster82d,

MMC is correct, the VIN is associated to the vehicle once it is built. I do understand that you may have some lingering questions or concerns regarding your vehicle order. We are happy to assist! please feel free to contact us by private message if we can be of any assistance.

Jennifer T.

GM Customer Care

So I have been informed that the production week is set for 10/20/2014, hopefully it won't be terribly long after that.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

There are codes that are assoicated with building your vehicle. Such as 3800, 4200 etc. I went through this all when the camaro came back out. Your dealer should be able to tell you what code your vehicle and in turn tells you what that codes means. Theres a few main stages the vehicle sits in, one is the que for building which, building, waiting for shipment, shipment, delivery. Now those are just a few, but thats the general idea. But once your truck hits the line, it should be completed and ready for shipment in 2-4 days depending on QA/QC issues. From there it could sit for a while to get picked up by a truck or put on a train.

in case your dealer is uninformed which is probable look below

1100, Preliminary order accepted
2000, Order accepted by GM
2030, Order re-edited (if necessary)
2051, Order changed thru Web
2500, Order preferenced
3000, Order accepted by production control
3100, Order available to sequence
3300, Order scheduled for production
3400, Order broadcast
3800, Order produced
4000, Available to ship