Error Codes P0808 and P0622 - Possible Diagnosis?

2009 Yukon XL Denali. For the last few weeks while driving the car will suddenly show the battery light on the dashboard along with the 'service battery charging system' message. My wife drives the vehicle and she has reported that it has occurred a number of times but the light and message only stay on for a very brief time (literally a few seconds most of the time). I finally drove the vehicle and experienced the same issue. I experienced the same on and off once, but the second time, it stayed on for an extended period of time(5 miles). I called On-star and they ran a diagnosis and gave me the error codes:

P0808 and P0622

Of course, they said the car could result in a non-start condition and to get it to a dealership right away. I know that is not the case. The light and message eventually went away and I called On-star back and they ran a diagnosis and told me no error codes showed up.

It appears that I have a loose wire or faulty sensor, but I am not a car guy and hoping to hear back from you folks. Money is tight so I don't need to spend money on something I can possibly address myself.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts of what this might be.

Well first off I'd get a voltmeter and start testing the different components. Check the volts at the battery both engine on and off. It could also be a bad ground. Check all of the major grounds for a clean and unbroken connection. Also look around the electronics center in the engine bay for damaged wires.

Archived