Recall download changes font/color of info screen?

Hey Guys!

I know I'm not the only one who would notice this...

Just stopped at the dealer (Chevrolet) to have have all of the computer recalls corrected via download. When I got back in my Truck (2014 GMC Sierra SLT) the information screen between the tack and speedo looked completely different including different accent colors, graphics, font, etc. I walked back inside and asked the service manager. He stated "all GM downloads are loaded via VIN and can be done at any GM dealership. Has anyone else noticed these changes after the most recent recalls?

Thanks

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UPDATE

I also noticed that when you turn the vehicle on, it use to illuminate GMC in red then transition to intellilink, now the center screen no longer does this...

The service manager assured me it was the correct download??

Bladz was correct. while trying to take a pic the chevy bowtie appeared. Soooooo frustrating when you trust a dealer to do the right thing... Its worse when you point out the mistake and they bold face lie...

thanks guys

did it just reset to default? since that can be changed between several styles are the options in the settings the same or are those different as well?

The Sierras don't really have the options of changing between styles. I was under the assumption that this was a Chevy option.

So I thought I would post another update on this...

Contacted GM of dealership. He agreed the service advisor "wasn't exactly right" as I met him at my house. Swapped vehicles and GM will return it tomorow. I happy with the ownership of the dealer...

I just had mine done Tuesday, and I made a POINT when making the appointment and dropping it off to MAKE SURE they put the GMC program in. They did, but it reset all my best 25/50/400, and now the GMC splash is not in sync with the 8" screen.

Some of these guys need to be reminded what they are working on. My dealer sells both Chevy and GMC, and they probably do 5-10 Chevy downloads to every 1 GMC, so if you are having this done on a GMC, remind them. I haven't read where the GMC program was loaded into a Chevy, not once.

Had the Transfer Case and Side Impact Air Bag connector recalls taken care of, as well as an oil change and tire rotation. So far, so good, but only drove it home from work Tuesday, 28 miles so far.

Guys, I'm a tech in a GM dealer. The dealer or the technician has no control over the software. It is done entirely by Vin. The fault lies with gm. They provide all the software. Many problems are in the new pickups. Definitely not wise to purchase the first year model of any vehicle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guys, I'm a tech in a GM dealer. The dealer or the technician has no control over the software. It is done entirely by Vin. The fault lies with gm. They provide all the software. Many problems are in the new pickups. Definitely not wise to purchase the first year model of any vehicle.

If I was your manager at the dealership we'd be in my office having a talk.

Now you tell us! LOL

I think it not wise that GM doesn't have most of the bugs worked out in these programs BEFORE releasing them. Surely they must have drove a couple around the block once or twice??? NO?

"Definitely not wise to purchase the first year model of any vehicle." I should have that tattoo'd on my forehead . Thats quote of 2014 for shure.

Archived