2015 Corvette Z06 launches to 60-MPH in 2.95 seconds

Zane

Chevrolet-Corvette-Z06-289790-medium (1).jpg

By Zane Merva
Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
10/1/2014

The new 2015 Z06 will be among the fastest vehicles on the road, ever. Today Chevrolet announced the new 650-horsepower Corvette flagship equipped with an 8-speed automatic will accelerate from zero to 60-MPH in only 2.95 seconds.

If purchased with a 7-speed manual, the car will be slightly slower, making the dash to 60 in 3.2-seconds.

Quarter mile times are quick; just 10.95 seconds for the automatic and 11.2 seconds with the manual.

Braking performance is also exceptional. 60-MPH to zero only takes 99.6-feet. Lateral acceleration tops out at 1.2G.

These figures were achieved with the optional Z07 performance package, Brembo carbon ceramic brake rotors, and Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires.

The 2015 Corvette Z06 starts at a bargain of $78,995 and goes on sale in early 2015.

“The Corvette has long been known as America’s sports car,” said Mark Reuss, General Motors’ executive vice president, Global Product Development. “With the capability of the new Z06 rivaling the best performance cars in the world, we will also be America’s Supercar.”

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow...

If only I won the lotto.. :lol:

I've said it before though, the vette is a bargain compared to the exotics it competes with. And even if a lambo or something has something better than this.. compare at $350k. That means you could put $200k in mods into your vette and STILL be cheaper than many exotics.

I look forward to seeing the mid 50s men driving these 40mph around town. :lol: No but seriously.. seeing them on the road is the only place I'll see em. I'll never have one in my driveway. :(

And for almost $20 grand less you can 1/4 mile just as fast or faster with the new Dodge Hellcat. Bigger blower, better cooling and better geared for drag racing.

Drag Racing is the operating words here.

For this car to pull 0-60 in under 3 seconds yet run more than 10 flat, it's not geared toward drag racing.

Hell, you can squeeze a 4th gen camaro into the 9s with less than the HP of this car and WAY less budget.

You just gotta make sure you have chassis stiffening or your doors won't close anymore. :lol:

A car like this is probably built for road/track racing, not so much the straight line.

Agreed tho, there are cheaper/better alternatives new and used for running the 1/4 mile than this.

And for almost $20 grand less you can 1/4 mile just as fast or faster with the new Dodge Hellcat. Bigger blower, better cooling and better geared for drag racing.

Where do you get your facts? The hellcats 0 to 60 was 3.7 seconds... And comparing a corvette z06 to a challenger..hmm. Did you read motortrends showdown of the ZL1 and the challenger hellcat? The hellcat has nowhere near the handling ability of the z06

Where do you get your facts? The hellcats 0 to 60 was 3.7 seconds... And comparing a corvette z06 to a challenger..hmm. Did you read motortrends showdown of the ZL1 and the challenger hellcat? The hellcat has nowhere near the handling ability of the z06

Hellcat ran a 10.85 @ 126.18 mph. Tad better than a 10.9. I did not see a 60' time but if your 3.7 is correct the Dodge must have made up the difference somewhere along the 1/4 mile.

http://blog.caranddriver.com/0-to-1320-feet-in-what-chrysler-posts-2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat-14-mile-time/

I didn't say anything about handling.

Yes,We've discussed this on our Camaro forum quite a bit lately.....

Can't compare the Hellcat to the Z06,there is no comparsion,plus the Hellcat weighs 4,500 lbs. compared to the Z06's 3,500 lbs. The Hellcat is better compared to the 4,100 lb. Camaro ZL1,and even then the ZL1 outhandles the Hellcat thanks in part to the Magnetic Ride Control suspension.

I used to love blowing away Ferrari(s) with my souped up '67 Camaro that had about 450HP - in a straight line. Problem was the stock suspension sucked. 650HP in this Vette puts it out there in the corners too! Nice! What a rocket ship

I used to love blowing away Ferrari(s) with my souped up '67 Camaro that had about 450HP - in a straight line. Problem was the stock suspension sucked. 650HP in this Vette puts it out there in the corners too! Nice! What a rocket ship

Right, all you gotta do in this vette to beat this hellcat, most camaros new and old.. is turn. :lol:

Can't compare the Hellcat to the Z06,there is no comparsion,plus the Hellcat weighs 4,500 lbs. compared to the Z06's 3,500 lbs. The Hellcat is better compared to the 4,100 lb. Camaro ZL1,and even then the ZL1 outhandles the Hellcat thanks in part to the Magnetic Ride Control suspension.

Why can't we compare if you are looking for 1/4 mile performance for the $. You can compare any cars if $/buck is what you are comparing. If a person plans to keep his vehicle stock and wants the best performance then weight doesn't come into play.

Why can't we compare if you are looking for 1/4 mile performance for the $. You can compare any cars if $/buck is what you are comparing. If a person plans to keep his vehicle stock and wants the best performance then weight doesn't come into play.

Weight plays a huge difference/factor in performance when your comparing a 3,500 lb. car against a 4,500 car

http://www.torquenews.com/106/revisited-2015-chevrolet-corvette-z06-versus-2015-dodge-challenger-srt-hellcat

All I know is our 5th gen Camaro's are always "put down" and made fun of because they are heavy,my SS weighs around 3,800 lbs.,and a ZL1 weighs around 4,100lbs.,and I know the weight plays a major factor in the handling/performance of these things,mine runs great,especially after the mods I've done,but I can still tell its a heavy car,especially compared to when I get to drive a Corvette that weighs around 3,100/3,200 lbs. that has similar horsepower!

Archived