2015 Corvette Z06 launches to 60-MPH in 2.95 seconds

Zane

Weight plays a huge difference/factor in performance when your comparing a 3,500 lb. car against a 4,500 car

No, not when you are comparing bang for the buck. Doesn't matter if it weighs 10K pounds if it beats the z06 it's still the better buy if kept stock. If 1/4 mile time is the consideration and that's what I was comparing.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

2.95 seconds! Amazing.

You know , 80 K isn't so much more than my truck. Maybe an additional $300.00 payment. I had a new 2000 WS6 convertible I paid more than $1000.00 per month for...36 month note.

Doable? Insurance will be expensive, then there are the $1200.00 tires every 8000 miles...

A stock Hellcat runs 11.2

A stock Z06 runs 10.95

Two impressive machines, wish I could buy both. The price difference does get you more car though.

This is correct. Dodge says they have the fastest American muscle car ever made and they are correct at 11.2. At Barrett Jackson they also said Hellcat will run 10.8 on drag radials. The Z06 is not in the same marketplace as the pony cars so no need to compare.

My Z06 order is in the GM order bank :thumbs: . It will see track, autocross and drag strip duty so no poser here.

A 10 year old GSX-R600 will run a 10.9 ..... and you could probably find one out there for $3k .. just sayin. :)

But then again, I don't think a single vehicle on the market today is worth much more than $10k. :lol:

Hellcat is 4500# WOW! My 1967 Riviera weighs 4300# on the scales, and I thought that was a heavy car... Granted it only goes 15 sec in the quarter miles, but daang I had no idea the Camaro and Challenger weighed so much...

Hellcat is 4500# WOW! My 1967 Riviera weighs 4300# on the scales, and I thought that was a heavy car... Granted it only goes 15 sec in the quarter miles, but daang I had no idea the Camaro and Challenger weighed so much...

Yep,the new 5th gen Camaro's are at least 3,800lbs.,thats for the LT's and SS's,the ZL1's are even heavier at around 4,100 lbs. thanks to the supercharger.

And thats the point I'm trying to make,you can have two cars with the same (or similar) horsepower,and if one weighs 1,000 lbs more its going to be slower.

Yep,the new 5th gen Camaro's are at least 3,800lbs.,thats for the LT's and SS's,the ZL1's are even heavier at around 4,100 lbs. thanks to the supercharger.

And thats the point I'm trying to make,you can have two cars with the same (or similar) horsepower,and if one weighs 1,000 lbs more its going to be slower.

Convertible is heavier than the coupe too

Ryan

The bones of Chrysler RWD stuff trace their roots to the chassis from a late-90s Mercedes E-class. They were never meant to be sports cars.

Archived