2015 Corvette Z06 launches to 60-MPH in 2.95 seconds

Zane

Yep,the new 5th gen Camaro's are at least 3,800lbs.,thats for the LT's and SS's,the ZL1's are even heavier at around 4,100 lbs. thanks to the supercharger.

And thats the point I'm trying to make,you can have two cars with the same (or similar) horsepower,and if one weighs 1,000 lbs more its going to be slower.

Drag racers use a "rule of thumb" is for every 100# you lose = .1 in the quarter mile...

Also for every 10% weight reduction an 8% increase in MPG...

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Then there now is the Charger Hellcat.

But then you have this awesome ride, only problem is the price and at least it is American made.

I never thought I'd see speed limits go up, but they did.

And I really never thought American street legal muscle, with AC and all power, would ever be this fast.

These are heady times. What's next, I wonder?

And I really never thought American street legal muscle, with AC and all power, would ever be this fast.

These are heady times. What's next, I wonder?

The Sky!

BackFutureflyingcar.jpg

Hellcat is 4500# WOW! My 1967 Riviera weighs 4300# on the scales, and I thought that was a heavy car... Granted it only goes 15 sec in the quarter miles, but daang I had no idea the Camaro and Challenger weighed so much...

I bet the 71 was a tad heavier.. Had one that looked like the one below. Should have NEVER sold it. 455 big block love :(

501381-1000-0.jpg?rev=2

And I really never thought American street legal muscle, with AC and all power, would ever be this fast. ........

Also never thought I'd see cars sell for 4 TIMES what my parents paid for their house back in '71 ....

Used to be a time when any working man could afford any car. LONG, long ago it seems ...

BEAUTIFUL boat-tail Colossus!! :thumbs:

After seeing a couple Fiat commercials .... I think I'm good. :lol:

Then there now is the Charger Hellcat.

But then you have this awesome ride, only problem is the price and at least it is American made.

What an epic video.

To the topic, who cares about 1/4 times in a vette compared to hellcat?? We all know the vette is hands down one of the BEST options for a track car in the world if you consider price vs performance

What an epic video.

To the topic, who cares about 1/4 times in a vette compared to hellcat?? We all know the vette is hands down one of the BEST options for a track car in the world if you consider price vs performance

Exactly! and with what the Hellcat weighs it will never outrun the new Z06,especially on the track!

If you guys want that much power for much cheaper, my car is always for sale. :lol:

(Nothing new, Had that mindset from buying it, after turning down a great offer on my 69 Camaro and then getting 5K less when I actually sold it.)

The Hellcat vs. Z06 talk is ridiculous. I am willing to bet even though the Hellcat has ONCE clocked a quicker 1/4 mile time it will not launch consistently with those skinny tires and the Z06 will be consistent performer. Now saying that, who cares, the Z06 is not built for straight line performance, it is built for curves, and what sexy curves it has!

Also never thought I'd see cars sell for 4 TIMES what my parents paid for their house back in '71 ....

Used to be a time when any working man could afford any car. LONG, long ago it seems ...

BEAUTIFUL boat-tail Colossus!! :thumbs:

Inflation is why. Do your parents still make a dollar an hour? I remeber when I could fill up my '78 F250 460 for 20 bucks and that included a pack of smokes.

Archived