VLED License Plate Frame

I know that a few of us have ordered the new VLED LPF 3500 lumen reverse light for our truck. I decided to make this so that anyone else who has questions can more easily get information on them (of course that won't be able to happen until the frames arrive). Last I heard we should be seeing them sometime in the next week or 2.

As they arrive, lets start getting some pictures uploaded and reviews posted!

Btw, I emailed VLEDs earlier to ask when they should start arriving at our front door.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I've heard that the backup camera in these trucks dont get along well with LED light. Makes the screen look green or something. I don't have any LEDs in the back so I cant confirm.

Got an email from VLEDs. They have hit another snag in the production for these lights. They have a limited number that they can ship out. They will ship them out in the order of who ordered first. I emailed them to see if my order will be one of those lucky few to be fulfilled in the first shipment. Doubtful that I will be one of those who.

This frame is probably illegal in Arizona, where the state name cannot be obscured. The top of the frame looks as if it would cover "Arizona" which is located at the very top of the license plate. The fine for violating this law is $200.

This frame is probably illegal in Arizona, where the state name cannot be obscured. The top of the frame looks as if it would cover "Arizona" which is located at the very top of the license plate. The fine for violating this law is $200.

wow, pretty stringent. I know in Louisiana you can not have anything obscuring the license plate but they are not that strict. As long as you are not driving like you are trying to get away from the cops and you have all the letters and numbers visible then you are good. The state name is not much of a worry.

Just got a response, looks like I will be receiving my LPF in the first run!

Hi Michael,

You are number 11 in line out of more than 150 LPFS that are on PRE-ORDER>

You should be OK!

We will ship you order to you the day we receive them.

If you have any more questions please feel free to contact us and have a

wonderful day.

Thank you,

Customer Support

Mike,

That seems like it's so bright you'd want to control it with a separate switch so you don't blind drivers if you were along the highway.

I actually plan to hook it to my cargo lamps for extra light at night when working by the tailgate. Lowering the tailgate will keep it from blinding me while working.

I may also remove the cargo lights with on with Reverse diode just so this doesn't blind everyone while I'm in reverse. But that will all have the final decisions made when I recieve the LPF and see just how bright it is.

When I first bought my truck I realized on the first night that the back up lights weren't that great. I bought a LED light bar called "white lightning" from recon. It improved back up lighting a crap load and was fairly cheap! Also it plugs right into your 4 pin trailer plug or you can hard wire it into lights

• 3 weeks later...

Wanted to give the update that these plates have finally shipped! Just got my email notification earlier. Doesnt say when it should be delivered yet but will post when it is delivered.

I will be following this closely :)

I have tints on my truck and I cannot see the reverse lights in my mirrors so I always need to put the window down. I've read the few reverse light bulb replacement threads and all of them are pretty much settled on the same 3 or 4 bulbs with no real best product yet.

Frames have officially shipped. Mine will be delivered tomorrow according to USPS! And bladz1454, I'm in the same boat. I have tint and while it's not dark, the auto tint mirrors seem to darken quite often at night for little reason making it hard to use at least the driver side. Passenger is never bad. It doesn't darken.

And yea the high powered LED bulb replacements help, but are by no means a incredible when in reverse. Have you done the Cargos on with reverse? It helps a bit.

Got the frame on! Will post night pictures later. For some reason tapatalk just let me upload pics to my build thread but won't let me on this one. Hopefully it works later. Check out my build thread to see day pics!

Archived