Wipe that bird crap off!

I guess I finally found something wrong with my GMC. Thin paint!!!

Washed the truck yesterday and there was bird crap right in the middle of the roof. I never saw it until I started washing it. I guess it's been up there for two weeks or so.

Anyways, the paint bubbled up under the clear. I just threw some more clear on top of it and called it good. Luckily it's on the roof where you can't see it.

Still sucks though...

Got to get some good protection from the elements! I use Adams Quick Sealant and Adams Paint Sealant. I use the QS every couple months on things such as front end for extra bug protection. I need to do my roof though! Bird shit will eat thru paint in no time as do bug guts.

Got to get some good protection from the elements! I use Adams Quick Sealant and Adams Paint Sealant. I use the QS every couple months on things such as front end for extra bug protection. I need to do my roof though! Bird shit will eat thru paint in no time as do bug guts.

I have a sealant on it already. Blackfire Wet Diamond. Have about 6 layers on the truck. Seems the bird sh*t could care less.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a sealant on it already. Blackfire Wet Diamond. Have about 6 layers on the truck. Seems the bird sh*t could care less.

Well I guess it depends on how long it was up there.. Doubt anything would prevent damage. Shit is potent, lol. There are more solid type coating products such as CQuartz or something.

I've noticed on several occasions now after I clean the birdshit off, the clear coat still has what looks like etching. But a day or so later, it disappears with no evidence whatsoever.

Yeah, mine looks like it has gone away too. Weird...

Local dealer was repaving their lot, so they rented a grass open lot on the corner down the street to put the trucks.

They put their two High Country models right up front on display, which also happened to be right under the power lines.

Both trucks were decimated, covered bumper to bumper by birds sitting on that line over the weekend.

A week later they were both sitting behind the dealership with a not for sale tag in them.

Problem is all manufactures have gone to a water based paint and its not as sturdy. But I do think GMs paint is not as robust as others in general this time around. Best thing to do is make sure it gets a nice coat of wax 1-2 times a year and gets spray waxed inbetween. Ive had bird crap, blood from deer, dirt, etc, and it all comes off.

I've noticed on several occasions now after I clean the birdshit off, the clear coat still has what looks like etching. But a day or so later, it disappears with no evidence whatsoever.

I had the exact same thing happen to me a few months ago….still don't know how it happens or why…..but I'm sure happy about it !

It left that same ole outline of the bird stuff like it always does….then the next day it's completely gone…(even under fluorescent lights).

Not real sure if I can thank the Adam's products I use or the GM paint !

Archived