Have u had an Electronic Vibration Analysis done to ur 2014?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He can still answer the question if he would like.

Understood, but why does it matter at this point? Not trying to be rude by any means but for those of us who have taken the time to read through the Shake and Vibration thread (albeit a hell of a task to read through 200+ pages) there are no commonalities in build date. There are even build date threads addressing this very issue. Just trying to help fellow forum members out and stay on topic rather than have the same questions pop up again and again that have already been answered. If you have any questions or anything, I am always willing to help and you can feel free to shoot me a message and I will be happy to answer them for you!

Not a problem, I have made it through the 200 pages and following it currently. I have some minor vibes but not shake my teeth loose kind of vibes. It looks like GM may be on to something with the gears being out of spec but, it may be different things for different people. I wonder how much GM is letting the dealerships know of the situation or vice/versa. Is this gonna be a situation, where they only fix it if you complain? Would like to see all campaigns (TSB, Special Warranty) data exists for this vehicle?

To save you from typing, would you mind just taking a picture of the work order and posting it here for all to see. I'm going to the dealer tomorrow and this would be great ammunition for myself. Please help us out.

So, were my posts helpful? And how did your trip to the dealer go?

Can't locate the build date on the window sticker.... Final assy. was in Roanoke,IN and ordered by and delivered directly to my dealer in MN. (I first saw the truck within a day or two of delivery in July and bought it a day or two later.

So the pattern I have been following is that this seems to be stemming form the ring and pinion gears. Where are the rear axles assembled? Are they assembled at the Ft. Wayne and Mexico plants? Or are they assembled elsewhere and shipped to those particular plants for assembly with the rest of the components?

So, were my posts helpful? And how did your trip to the dealer go?

Hi PMurray, they are very informative. Helpful? Not so much as my service manager looked at me like I was nuts. He insisted we put new tires on it. They put Michelins all around and got rid of the Goodyear. I picked up the truck today (2 days later, I also had my misaligned bed centered behind the cab instead of being off to one side) and the drive started out promising. I instantly felt a smoother softer drive on all the bumps in the road with the newer tire, but as soon as I got on the freeway and got up to 73 mph my "shake and bake" came alive once again. I feel defeated and exhausted. That was my 4th time there at the dealer. Living 40 minutes away equals to over 5 hours of driving so far just to get this resolved and I haven't made any progress. I can tell my SM is getting tired of me and I've been nothing but polite to the guy and his staff. I've also sent a message to that Mary Parra (Barra?) and haven't heard anything there either. I work out of this truck so I needed a camper shell. So after dropping $1800 on that today to protect my tools that help me provide for my entire family, I'm really thinking I've got no other choice but to live with it.

Hi PMurray, they are very informative. Helpful? Not so much as my service manager looked at me like I was nuts. He insisted we put new tires on it. They put Michelins all around and got rid of the Goodyear. I picked up the truck today (2 days later, I also had my misaligned bed centered behind the cab instead of being off to one side) and the drive started out promising. I instantly felt a smoother softer drive on all the bumps in the road with the newer tire, but as soon as I got on the freeway and got up to 73 mph my "shake and bake" came alive once again. I feel defeated and exhausted. That was my 4th time there at the dealer. Living 40 minutes away equals to over 5 hours of driving so far just to get this resolved and I haven't made any progress. I can tell my SM is getting tired of me and I've been nothing but polite to the guy and his staff. I've also sent a message to that Mary Parra (Barra?) and haven't heard anything there either. I work out of this truck so I needed a camper shell. So after dropping $1800 on that today to protect my tools that help me provide for my entire family, I'm really thinking I've got no other choice but to live with it.

Can't help wondering if my ring gear (?) was so badly out of specs and you had yours independently checked, would GM replace yours and reimburse you. Even seems like a good small-claims court case or BBB....

Only problem is that our symptoms are so different it's unlikely they are both caused by bad differential gear.

Well you are making head way. At least you have better tires now. LTX m/s 2 I assume. Really sounds like tire balance issue. Try to find a place that knows how to balance a tire. Not all road force balances are equal. The ideal solution would be to find a shop that knows how to true a tire first and strobe balance on the truck.

I had the same issue on my sub with new Michelins. They were balanced on the truck with the strobe but not trued. I finally agreed to have them trued and balanced on truck and it was smooth too any speed the old girl would run....All my tries are now trued and balanced on the truck. Some of my sport version Michelins, being smaller and high price sport tires can get by with just a balance...Some times

Well you are making head way. At least you have better tires now. LTX m/s 2 I assume. Really sounds like tire balance issue. Try to find a place that knows how to balance a tire. Not all road force balances are equal. The ideal solution would be to find a shop that knows how to true a tire first and strobe balance on the truck.

I had the same issue on my sub with new Michelins. They were balanced on the truck with the strobe but not trued. I finally agreed to have them trued and balanced on truck and it was smooth too any speed the old girl would run....All my tries are now trued and balanced on the truck. Some of my sport version Michelins, being smaller and high price sport tires can get by with just a balance...Some times

Thanks STex. Any suggestion short of calling every tire shop in the Louisville KY area on how to locate something like this?

PMurray, where did you feel vibration? I can feel some steering wheel vibration at speeds. What were your symptoms?

Mine were so strong I could feel them everywhere. The mechanic instantly felt them when he was doing the test drive, too. As I have said before, it felt like going over tiny rumble strips continuously between 40 and 50 mph. Far more of a vibration than a shaking, IMHO. If I had to guess, I thought it was in the front end, but was obviously not.

Thanks STex. Any suggestion short of calling every tire shop in the Louisville KY area on how to locate something like this?

I would check with some of the bigger independent tire and wheel shops and ask them if they know of anyone doing such. Some of the big truck brake and tire repair shops do such. Some motor home owners use such a service here. Maybe some of the motorhome sales and repair dealers know of such.

Archived