Have u had an Electronic Vibration Analysis done to ur 2014?

Been a few months and about 8000 miles since I posted that my vibration was fixed. Love my Sierra more every day. No problems. Never had better vehicle - and that covers more than 50 years of owning Ford, Chrysler, Toyota, and GM.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I had the 45 mph vibration in steering wheel. Took truck to Rydell Chevrolet. GM had them road force my new Michelin tires then used the EVA found vibration coming from rear differential. Waited a month to get parts in . They replaced with new 2015 rear differential. That took care of the 45 mph vibration in steering wheel. I do not have the higher speed vibration. It took several months to get this taken care of since my purchasing dealer did know how to fix this problem or care about the problem. Service writer flat out said he would not have a mechanic just throw parts at my truck. I use the word mechanic very loosely here. Since I 'am a certified ASE Master Techinician. But I don't work on GM Trucks and I did not spend this kind of money to have to fix a new vehicle. I'am a Honda and Acura Techinician. Different dealerships have different attitudes that's for sure and the knowledge to repair vehicles. Glad my truck is fixed sorry for all the other people having such problems. John

Just another perspective here, I've been working through the vibes for a while now.

EVA done by service tech and GM field engineer, both confirmed vibes. Mine is at both 40-50 and 70+ mph. Interesting thing is that in the 40-50 range putting the truck in neutral stops the vibe (sounds like a trans/engine related issue to me!).

Work done (issue still not solved):

Evaluated on-site by 2 different field service engineers

RF balanced wheels/tires 3X

Entire rear end replaced.

Replacement rear end re-measured to confirm it's in spec

Driveshaft replaced

engine/trans/transfer case mounts shimmed

all 4 shocks/struts replaced (not sure about the reasoning on that, dictated by the date code on the originals, TSB/recall related maybe?)

Swapped wheels/tires with 18" from dealer, off of a non-vibrator

Trucks been to dealer 6X for this, currenlty has been there for 40 days! Going in to talk to the general manager today, time to move on from this, Dealer has been great through whole ordeal but they've exhausted their options, and I'm tired of paying for a truck that spends more time at the dealer than in my driveway.

Archived