Have u filed with BBB Autoline about ur 2104 Sierra/Silverado?

If you have had a problem with your 2014 Silverado/Sierra and couldnt get GM to resolve it, did you file with BBB Autoline for arbitration?

If so, did they help resolve your issues with GM? If yes, did you go to an arbitration hearing or did it get resolved before that point? Was your selling dealer involved in the resolution?

If you lost your BBB case against GM, did you proceed anyway and file lemon law? If yes, what was the lemon lawsuit outcome?

Do you have any thoughts about your BBB experience or lemon law experience with GM that may help someone else about to go through the same process?

Thanks for any info.

Edit, add BBB Autoline link http://www.bbb.org/council/programs-services/dispute-handling-and-resolution/bbb-auto-line/bbb-auto-lines-process/

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lots of views, but only one reply.

I filed a couple weeks ago with BBB Autoline about the vibration on my 2014 Silverado because my selling dealer refuses to look at it again for the vibration, saying its normal.

I got some forms in the mail from BBB and sent them back filled out with copies of all the work orders from the dealer. Then I got a call from GM, they asked if I would let the dealer take another look at my truck. I said sure. They set up an appointment for next week for me to go in to my selling dealer and demonstrate to a tech and have a electronic vibration analyzer hooked up to my truck.

Yes, I submitted the complaint but received several trade assistance offers from GM pretty quick. I accepted the trade assist and brought a newer built more option truck. System works but gotta be patient. Use the BBB they are there for you while GM Is there for themselves.

Yes, I submitted the complaint but received several trade assistance offers from GM pretty quick. I accepted the trade assist and brought a newer built more option truck. System works but gotta be patient. Use the BBB they are there for you while GM Is there for themselves.

Mike, is the truck you currently have your second one or are you waiting for one to be built?

If you have had a problem with your 2014 Silverado/Sierra and couldnt get GM to resolve it, did you file with BBB Autoline for arbitration?

If so, did they help resolve your issues with GM? If yes, did you go to an arbitration hearing or did it get resolved before that point? Was your selling dealer involved in the resolution?

If you lost your BBB case against GM, did you proceed anyway and file lemon law? If yes, what was the lemon lawsuit outcome?

Do you have any thoughts about your BBB experience or lemon law experience with GM that may help someone else about to go through the same process?

Thanks for any info.

Edit, add BBB Autoline link http://www.bbb.org/council/programs-services/dispute-handling-and-resolution/bbb-auto-line/bbb-auto-lines-process/

Mike,

You might want to read thru this thread if you haven't already.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/164940-anyone-get-a-buyback/

Mike, is the truck you currently have your second one or are you waiting for one to be built?

This is my second truck. They did the trade assist and it was done before the 2015 pricing was out so they I couldn't order a 2015

This is my second truck. They did the trade assist and it was done before the 2015 pricing was out so they I couldn't order a 2015

Is this one trouble free?

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of views, but only one reply.

I filed a couple weeks ago with BBB Autoline about the vibration on my 2014 Silverado because my selling dealer refuses to look at it again for the vibration, saying its normal.

I got some forms in the mail from BBB and sent them back filled out with copies of all the work orders from the dealer. Then I got a call from GM, they asked if I would let the dealer take another look at my truck. I said sure. They set up an appointment for next week for me to go in to my selling dealer and demonstrate to a tech and have a electronic vibration analyzer hooked up to my truck.

I had two issues with my 2014 Silverado. One was a slipping trans in first gear that started at 600 miles. That issue was resolved after two months of negotiation (polite arguing) with GM and my selling dealer after I found a TSB on the web that matched my symptoms. The selling dealer serv manager finally listened to me and looked into the trans and found an internal leak as described in GM TSB PIP5175B. That was repaired.

I then filed with BBB because my selling dealer serv manager refused to look at my truck again for the vibration after looking at it three times for it. He said he could not duplicate the vibe. So, after BBB got involved I got the appointment.

I showed up for the appointment and a dealer service tech rode along for me to demo the vibe to him. There was NO electronic device of any kind involved. Just a person. Once we hit the interstate, the tech felt the vibe right away and told me so. He told me it felt like tires out of balance to him. He said the dealership has had between six and twelve 2014 Silverados with a vibe like mine and that they were able to fix them all with new tires, except one that needed a new driveshaft.

After the tech verified to his boss that there IS a vibration problem with my truck, I spoke to the serv manager. He said he wanted to install new tires on my truck. He said that he wanted to replace the factory Goodyears with Michelins under warranty. I said OK, if you think thats the problem, then go ahead. I will pick it up tomorrow and see.

Im hoping that the new tires will fix the vibe. The only reason they even tried to fix it is because I filed with BBB.

I had two issues with my 2014 Silverado. One was a slipping trans in first gear that started at 600 miles. That issue was resolved after two months of negotiation (polite arguing) with GM and my selling dealer after I found a TSB on the web that matched my symptoms. The selling dealer serv manager finally listened to me and looked into the trans and found an internal leak as described in GM TSB PIP5175B. That was repaired.

I then filed with BBB because my selling dealer serv manager refused to look at my truck again for the vibration after looking at it three times for it. He said he could not duplicate the vibe. So, after BBB got involved I got the appointment.

I showed up for the appointment and a dealer service tech rode along for me to demo the vibe to him. There was NO electronic device of any kind involved. Just a person. Once we hit the interstate, the tech felt the vibe right away and told me so. He told me it felt like tires out of balance to him. He said the dealership has had between six and twelve 2014 Silverados with a vibe like mine and that they were able to fix them all with new tires, except one that needed a new driveshaft.

After the tech verified to his boss that there IS a vibration problem with my truck, I spoke to the serv manager. He said he wanted to install new tires on my truck. He said that he wanted to replace the factory Goodyears with Michelins under warranty. I said OK, if you think thats the problem, then go ahead. I will pick it up tomorrow and see.

Im hoping that the new tires will fix the vibe. The only reason they even tried to fix it is because I filed with BBB.

Good luck, I put Michelins LTX M/S2's on mine and it didn't fix the issue. Please let us know the outcome.

Good luck, I put Michelins LTX M/S2's on mine and it didn't fix the issue. Please let us know the outcome.

Same here. No joy. Picked it up this morning.

Still vibrates and they also scratched and ruined ALL 4 of the 20" alum wheels when they mounted the new Michelins. WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :banghead:

Same here. No joy. Picked it up this morning.

Still vibrates and they also scratched and ruined ALL 4 of the 20" alum wheels when they mounted the new Michelins. WTF!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :banghead:

Wow, that sucks.

Got a new signature.

If you have unresolved issues with a new GM truck and have had multiple repair attempts, dont take crap from GM.

They will fake apologize continually and all the while they are stalling and hoping you get tired of fighting, give up and live with it.

The dealer will tell you "Its normal", or that "All of those trucks do that", or "Its the first one Ive seen do that".

DONT GIVE UP. File a complaint with BBB Autoline. Follow the BBB Autoline process and if it doesnt work, file for LEMON LAW in your state.

GM will NOT admit there is a problem with your truck. You need to MAKE them fix it, or if unfixable, MAKE them BUY IT BACK.

My 2014 Sierra SLT crewcab short box vibration buyback / trade assist / replacement process so far:

May/June/July - In for service 5 times & 25+ days out of service for vibration. New Michelin tires, multiple road forces, new rim, new driveshaft, & modifications to rear end

End of July - Filed defect notice (Lemon Law)

Beginning of September - approved for replacement vehicle

End of September - picked out new replacement truck (drove several vibrators before finding a smooth one, sales people put vibrators back on the lot without fixing them)

October 21 - Still waiting for paperwork to be finalized but have been told that it should be by the end of this week. Fingers crossed....

After several discussions with my dealership and GM customer service I gather that GM is swamped with buy backs and that is why it is taking so long.

After several discussions with my dealership and GM customer service I gather that GM is swamped with buy backs and that is why it is taking so long.

Gives you a good idea of how much profit manufactures are making when they can do this with so many vehicles. Why not fix them? Because then you have to admit to having a problem and the possiblity of it getting much bigger after acknowledgment, especially if the repair parts are expensive like "transmissions and rear axle assemblies". The amazing thing is that some people are on their 3rd buyback of the same model year truck.

Archived