Leveling kit + body lift

I was going to have a 1.5" body lift put on mine after the leveling kit until my shop quoted me 900$ in labor to install it... for that price I'll just save and do a full suspension lift.

That's a ridiculous price. $500 is the average price near me.

I was going to have a 1.5" body lift put on mine after the leveling kit until my shop quoted me 900$ in labor to install it... for that price I'll just save and do a full suspension lift.

What exactly do they do for a body lift? Add an extra spring? Not real educated on body lift

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What exactly do they do for a body lift? Add an extra spring? Not real educated on body lift

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's a spacer that goes in-between the frame mount and body mount…

Yup. They are spacers that go between the body and the frame. The complication is that the bumpers need to be removed and some of the frame rail needs to be trimmed and the tow hooks flipped along with some other things.

So the general consensus is they are perfectly fine to stack with a level? I wanted 4" of lift but really don't want to alter my suspension so much with a lift kit. I'd love to run some 20x10's with 33s. I'm just wondering how much I'd have to trim. Any thoughts?

So the general consensus is they are perfectly fine to stack with a level? I wanted 4" of lift but really don't want to alter my suspension so much with a lift kit. I'd love to run some 20x10's with 33s. I'm just wondering how much I'd have to trim. Any thoughts?

Yes, perfectly fine. I ran that setup on my truck and loved it. You might rub due to the width/offset of the wheels. I'd do a 2"+3".

• 2 months later...

I wanted to revive this thread rather than make a new one. I'm really becoming interested in a body lift even though I told myself I'd never put a BL on a new truck. But it really seems like these 1.5" and 1.25" kits are absolutely harmless and you can't even tell that they're there.

Does anyone have an opinion on Rough Country's 1.25" body lift? I see most people go with Zone's 1.5" kit but it looks likes RC's spacer blocks encompass more surface area which is a big plus in my opinion.

Can anyone talk me out of it? I have a 2" level right now and I think that would go nicely with the BL. Like I said, body lifts on a new truck used to seem insane to me but they're growing on me - especially when the alternative is a $1500-$2000 4" lift kit.

Edited by 14x4