97 yukon 5.7l no fuel no spark

celticwild

Question

I have a 97 yukon 5.7L no spark no fuel. Checked fuel pump relay. It was good but when I jumped my ecu it turns on. No spark from coil. Checked coil it's good. So I checked my control module it was bad so replaced it still no spark. I checked my crankshaft position sensor. It's geting 12 v and has ground but when I hooked up to the control wire it was only geting .061v. Would that c ouse my no fuel pump to turn on? And on a side note my turn signals dont work at the bulbs and my colum. But my hazerds work all around. Please any idea would help. Oh fuses are all good

• Answers 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doug sorry it was late and brain not working. Yes the distributor assembly. The front screw that holds down the cap is striped out. I bought it that way or it hapend when I was driving. I'll look deeper into that.

Duelin I have checked fuses and they all check out

I have a 97 yukon with a 5.7l 4x4. I'm geting a code of p1351. I have fuel and I have spark. Fuel is 62psi and good spark at spark plugs. It would start for a few seconds then die. After it dies not even spraying fuel in the carb would start it. My control signal to the icm is high. Could my timing be off? I'm out of ideas

8.1 yes it was bad so I replaced it.

Doug I checked the ignition switch at O'Reilly. My brake works fine. It's a little hard to push on the pedal but the lights work. And yes all this happened at the same time. The voltage sent from my crankshaft position sensor to my control module is reading 6.4v and it's suppose to be around 5v

That's an ignition control module code - that's probably sparking intermittently, or at the wrong time.

I think by carb you mean throttle body. Not many carbs would be too happy taking 62 psi, LOL. :)

Keep in mind that when you unplug the wiring from a sensor and check for voltage you will always get battery voltage on one side(provided it is actually getting power) due to the open circuit you have created. Once the sensor is connected you will get the proper reading. So your voltage readings on the crankshaft position sensor are likely correct.

Always check voltages with sensors connected, unless the diagnostic procedure says otherwise.

What "control module" did you check and replace? How did you check it?

Do your brake lights work? Are your signals and brake lights on the same bulb? Did all this happen at the same time?

Archived