Towing shocks bilstein 5100 vs 4600

yep on the rear only.I have the front ones on order they told it will be 2 or 3 weeks before I get them.I have only 5000 mi on my truck and the Rancho were already leaking and bad.

Where did you order them from? I don't see 2014 listed anywhere...just the 2013.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fit OK? There was some rumor that bilstein made an error when they first released the fronts. The top shaft was to short and they had recall them thus the delay on the fronts.

yep you are right. but the new ones are out I put them on my truck 2 weeks ago and it rides a lot better.

• 1 month later...

I have the the 4600 on my 2014 z71 lt and the ride is so much better.

When you installed the 4600's on the rear did the shock have any sort indicator on which way it's suppose to be mounted (as in which way is up or down)? I've seen some posts where 5100's were installed with the boot down. I know the 4600's don't have a rubber boot and use a plastic sleeve but was curious how you mounted them. Thanks!

5100s boots down...4600s with plastic sleeve up like the stock shocks are mounted...mount them so that you can read the logo normally (right side up, not upside down)...

Thanks for the info! I just ordered a set but looks like they are backordered for about another week or two. I just wanted to make sure I knew how they were orientated before they arrived. I will report back on their performance.

• 2 years later...

Anything better for towing than the Bilstine 4600? I have a 6000# travel trailer, with an equalizer hitch. (Half ton, with the Stock rear end height ) Don't want the rigid back end that Ranchos used to deliver, just more control over dips.

Archived