2011 Sierra Crew Cab 5.3 Surging

SIERRA2000

Question

I have a 2011 Sierra Crew cab 2WD 5.3 with 43300+ miles. It has been scary at times driving this vehicle. Sometimes when accelerating I will remove my foot from the gas but the motor keeps accelerating. I have to jump on the brakes to stop it. This happens a lot when I am looking to park in a parking lot. I give it a little gas to get into the spot but the truck surges ahead without my foot on the gas. There are a couple of times where I barely missed hitting a building. The first time I took it to the dealer they suckered me into a brake job. I took it in again the they gave me the "Can't duplicate at this time" line plus asked me stupid questions like "Did you have your foot on the bake and the gas at the same time"? I did an internet search and found that I am not the only one having this problem. Is there any solution to this problem?

2 answers to this question

Have you had your throttle position sensor changed? I think it is a known problem. My buddies 2010 did the same thing but on the highway. There is a tsb for this part; but in the end, take it on and get it scanned first; no point throwing money at hear-say.

Cheers, Brendan

Archived