Bluetooth question / problem

Taz56

2014 GMC Sierra SLT - IPhone 5S

When I connect my phone to my truck VIA Bluetooth it mutes my phone. If I get a text, e-mail or any kind of update my phone is on full mute. I have called Apple and they say it is not them or the phone, that only leaves the truck.

It is a problem as this is a business truck and I sometimes need to reply to e-mails in a timely manner. I do pull over to do this so it is NOT a safety thing..... Anyone know why it does this and more importantly how to turn that off so it does not?

Thanks

This is expected behavior. The truck looks like a Bluetooth speaker to the phone. So, naturally it assumes that this speaker is where you want your notifications to go to. If you select the phone as your media source via the "media" button, then u r all good as your sounds will come through the truck's speakers. However, if u r listening to an FM station, CD, etc, then when the phone gets a notification it will send the sound to the truck and assume that the truck will play said sound. Unfortunately the truck will ignore the sound as you have asked it to play the CD sounds instead.

Haden't had any problems with my system and I have a Iphone 5s and a 14 Silverado. It sounds like a problem with the trucks system. I get text notifications on the phone in the truck while connected to bluetooth.

If i plug in to the usb port i get phone sounds. If im just connected via Bluetooth i dont get any sounds except ringtone when getting a call.

This is what is happening to me. I do not want to plug in with the USB, I want to use the Bluetooth as I have a truck Mount Cradle.

Haden't had any problems with my system and I have a Iphone 5s and a 14 Silverado. It sounds like a problem with the trucks system. I get text notifications on the phone in the truck while connected to bluetooth.

i have a 14 silverado and wife has a 13 malibu, and same issues. Try to look at video on your phone, or any sound, no sound. Im assuming its a setting. I havent played around with it to much as I dont play around with my phone in the vehicle.

i have a 14 silverado and wife has a 13 malibu, and same issues. Try to look at video on your phone, or any sound, no sound. Im assuming its a setting. I havent played around with it to much as I dont play around with my phone in the vehicle.

When i watch a video on my phone it comes over the blue tooth radio. I do not have video on the screen but I do have sound. you have to push the media button. I hope that;s what you were asking for.

Archived