Front Sway Bars

Yeah that was my plan, especially with the level/lift which accentuates body roll moment. I need to look into this 7799 kit thing. My factory Z71 All Terrain bar is 34mm and is tubular. You can see on the squashed end the tube walls. I would have thought the z71 was the big bar. But it's the NHT that has the bigger bar. That was the same back in 08 with my NHT truck that was not a z71. I think NHT in 08 had what was called a Z60 suspension.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2013/May/Silverado-May-5/0505-silverado-chassis.html

"Larger-diameter stabilizer bars – 1.34 inches or 1.42 inches with the Max Trailering Package"

I've got the Hellwig 1.5" front sway bar on order as well as the adjustable rear.

http://media.gm.com/media/us/en/chevrolet/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/us/en/2013/May/Silverado-May-5/0505-silverado-chassis.html

"Larger-diameter stabilizer bars – 1.34 inches or 1.42 inches with the Max Trailering Package"

I've got the Hellwig 1.5" front sway bar on order as well as the adjustable rear.

Yeah, I gave in and ordered the 7685 and 7800 Hellwigs from SDtrucksprings.com for $386 delivered after their coupons.

These rear sways helped on my Suburban. How would rear sway bars affect the ride on a 1500 4x4 where the bed is not carrying more than 200 lbs or less normal? Would it be rougher/more hop on rougher pavement/country roads. I run Bilsteins 5100s. thanks for a reply.

I have both of the hellwig bars on my truck for the last 4 months. Its a very nice improvement. It makes me now want to lower the truck for the full affect but I don't want to give up the stock smooth ride and clearance,so it makes it hard. I installed the rear bar first and could immediately notice the difference. its in the middle setting. the front bar was next and truck is just more confident in where you point it to go. overall there a nice upgrade but to get the best I think you need to just lower it like 1 inch in front and 2 or 3 in rear and for a truck it would handle good.

I'm on a business trip in Seattle and my sway bars showed up. My wife just texted me that she thinks my truck is a lemon because I have to keep.buying things to make it work right.

• 3 months later...

Bringing this back.

Are the Hellwig bars solid bars or are they hollow like the factory bars?

EDIT**

Nevermind, I finally found out with further research. They are solid bars. So they should stiffen exponentially compared to hollow bars.

Archived