Should I go with another 2014 or wait for a 2015 Sierra?

So my 2014 GMC Sierra with 2000 miles has been at the dealer for 2 weeks. It has been at the dealer for the dreaded vibration issue......which has still not been resolved (dealer is waiting for GM Engineer to come out). The dealer called me today and told me that they are willing to purchase my vehicle back MSRP for MSRP and pay for all the tax, tags, etc on a replacement truck. Sounds like a pretty fair deal to me.

My question is....do I risk getting another 2014 or wait and get a 2015? My current truck has the 6.2L and there are little 14's left with this motor and there basically no 2015 with the 6.2, unless you order one. Does anyone know of any 2015 with the Shake or Vibration issues? And should I go with the 2015 vs. the 2014? Leaning towards the 2015 at this point.

Thanks for any feedback guys!

At this time of year, you may as well see about a 2015... deciding factor may be what incentives are offered... I'm guessing all of the incentives are still just on 14s?

At this time of year, you may as well see about a 2015... deciding factor may be what incentives are offered... I'm guessing all of the incentives are still just on 14s?

I am thinking that is probably going to be the case. I am supposed to speak with my salesman tomorrow to go through more of the details. I just dont want to get into another truck (either 14 or 15) and have another vibration issue. Hoping the dealer will work me (even a little) on the 15.

I'd try to go and order a 15 with a 6.2 if you can and drive the one you have till it gets there. I would not want to go from a 6.2 to a 5.3.. Just my opinion. I have the 5.3 and love it but I hear the 6.2 is a beast!

My first remark would be to say your fortunate that GM and the Dealer are prepared to keep you whole in terms of a buy-back albeit MSRP/MSRP. Secondly, if you swap to another '14 of the same spec chances are they (the dealer) can and will keep you whole in terms of cost, including tax, title and licensing fees and can possibly handle the registration change with your lender.

If you financed your truck, you should also speak with your lender to explain what is happening and question if you'll be impacted in terms of a new loan, i.e. credit rating/APR, etc since you already have a loan outstanding for the subject vehicle. i.e. will you get the same loan rate? This may be easier if you financed with the original selling dealer, may not be the case with an external lender.

If you go with a '15 then that would mean you'll likely have to pay sales tax, title and licensing fees again which would constitute a loss. My vote would be to get another '14 to which its their responsibility to find it for you and chances are they can and would possibly permit you to maintain the equity you have already invested in your current loan.

Apparently you're being covered by a "lemon law" obligation so you do have rights. The objective being to keep you "whole" and not be cause for you to lose as a result of having purchased a "lemon".

Lastly, you might also want to speak with your local BBB in advance to better understand all your rights.

Thanks everyone for the feedback.

Right now, here are my top priorities:

1. Getting a replacement truck that doesn't vibrate

2. The replacement truck having a 6.2L

3. Having to pay little to no money out of pocket

My only hesitancy of getting another 2014 is that one day it is going to have the same issue (even after an extensive test drive) that my current one has.

Will keep the group posted!

Thanks again everyone.

I would check and get all of the details before I do anything. As with your priority number 3 I wouldnt be paying out anything to get a replacement for anything. My thought on a 14 is maybe you get a late production 14 which i bought an 11 before which was ford and was rolling down the line the same time as 12s were, so technically I had an 11 that was newer than some of the first 12s. If thats the case that 15 will be no better than a late 14.

Is there a possibility to get incentives get a sweet 14 with no issues and cash out with money in your pocket.

Decided to go for the 2015 6.2L 8-Speed! Should have it in about 8 weeks. Dealer said I could test drive for a week or so to ensure there were no issues before signing the paperwork. Will keep folks on the forum posted!

That's a nice dealership. Good decision too. If it does shake, it will be due to tires. That's the real problem, GM puts cheap tires on the trucks. If they replace them, it's the same problem as they replace as cheap as they can. I've had this problem before in past year models. Replaced the tires myself with another brand and drove smoothly from then on.

How bad was your vibration? I notice a slight vibration felt through the steering wheel with my 2014 6.2 around that 55-70 range.

It is hardly noticable and is not there all the time. (Nargg) I thought the same thing as you. Tires/Wheels not balanced.

Unless is happens more often the vibration I notice isn't worth mentioning on my truck.

On a scale to 1-10 how bad or noticeable was the vibration?

On a 1-10, mine varied anywhere from a 4-8, mostly at the speeds you mentioned (55-80). I had it up to 100 a couple times and it still did it. The service manager told me he felt it at every speed. My vibrations weren't really in the steering wheel, but mostly felt in the seats and floorboard. The dealer swapped tires once (went from GY Eagle LS-2 to GY Wrangler RS-A). While both are crap tires, the Wranglers were better, but the vibrations remained. I have read posts here that guys have tried Michelin's, Toyo, Continental's, and Bridgestones without any changes in their vibrations. The dealer also re-balanced the wheels upwards of 5 times, with no change. I think that better tires will help hide/reduce the vibrations, but not eliminate the source of them.

I hope and pray the issues is fixed for 2015....told the dealer to special customer comment on my order.....DONT BUILD A TRUCK THE VIBRATES! THANKS

:thumbs:

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the prior post, I too have the vibration issue in my 2014 Sierra GMC 6.2l and I have had it since about 7 k. I brought it to the dealer and they said they couldn't feel it. I couldn't believe they couldn't feel it, its very noticeable. If there are any GM people reading this and can help please let me know. I can be reached at [email protected]

Archived