Window trim swap..helppp!!! Issues !!

Ok so I'm swapping my chevy trim for gmc chrome. The fronts were pretty easy. The rear is a pita. They clip near cab are so hard to get to release. Anyhow. I am Down to the last one. And it's getting dark. So I'm rushing through it to release. And I was using a plastic putty knife to hold back the window to get screw driver in. And of course ThE DAM thing fell inside the door!!!! So now I have a putty knife inside my rear driver door.argggggg. How do I get it out ? How to remove panel? And can I get to it that way !!!? I would just leave it but it rattles bad. Worst part is I have three chrome and one black trim still

they were quick and helpful. in and out within a few minutes. and free car wash

You got a free car wash out of that? I wish I had your dealership.

GM Customer Service, did you read the entire thread before commenting? Just saying, makes you look a bit silly when you chime in on this but don't have anything to say on some of the real issues.

You got a free car wash out of that? I wish I had your dealership.

GM Customer Service, did you read the entire thread before commenting? Just saying, makes you look a bit silly when you chime in on this but don't have anything to say on some of the real issues.

Seriously, you think they just have a library of mechanic manuals in front of them to give mechanical advice? It is probably a legal liability where they are not allowed to. They are social media people dealing with customer service, not how do I remove a bolt, fix a broken thing a ma jig or replace a whatcha ma call it. Give them a break, where were you with your advice? Must make you feel pretty silly you have no mechanical skills to offer a solution huh? Would you have felt better if they came in here and said "Sorry to hear your troubles, please send me your info and I can direct you to the nearest dealership"?

BTW, Fondupot's advice was the best. OP, what was the dealers solution? Door panel removal or large magnet?

Tyler

Seriously, you think they just have a library of mechanic manuals in front of them to give mechanical advice? It is probably a legal liability where they are not allowed to. They are social media people dealing with customer service, not how do I remove a bolt, fix a broken thing a ma jig or replace a whatcha ma call it. Give them a break, where were you with your advice? Must make you feel pretty silly you have no mechanical skills to offer a solution huh? Would you have felt better if they came in here and said "Sorry to hear your troubles, please send me your info and I can direct you to the nearest dealership"?

BTW, Fondupot's advice was the best. OP, what was the dealers solution? Door panel removal or large magnet?

Tyler

Then don't say anything. I hope your time went well with the dealership after you tried to mod your truck and dropped a screw in the door. Really, It's not a warranty issue so what's your point.

It is probably a legal liability?.. They have chimed in on probably every type of issue on this forum at one time or another. It's not a legal liability.

A solution, to dropping a screw in a door, easy, get it out......

Archived