Winter wheels/Tires for 2014 1500 4x4

Have a 2014 Silverado 1500 DC 4x4 LTZ Z71 6.2L with factory 22" wheels/tires.

I live in the Northeast and winter can be hard on wheels. I also have low profiles on the 22' wheels. I want to find a wheel/Tire setup that is optimized for winter travel, while I store the factory 22's until spring arrives. These 22's where a $2995 option and I sure do not want to ruin these during the upcoming harsh winter season. My concern is, if I were to find a set of 18" or 20", what problems should I be aware of?

I suspect my speedo will be off, not sure about tire pressure monitor or ABS effects using a smaller wheel. I was thinking I might be able to find a combination of wheel and tire that matches the overall diameter of the 22" with the low profile tires I have now. That might keep the speedo close to what it is calibrated for now.

Anyone been down this road before? Any ideas / advice?

I also live NH and having good winter tires are key. For the winter season I run 275/65r18 tires which are exactly the same diameter as the factory 285/45r22's (32.1") As a plus they are LT tires with more tread depth so its even better in the winter months. IF you want to run 275/70r17's they are 32.2" diameter and are also available in LT rating

Archived