Best Interior with Dogs

03vette - leather is better with dogs but use a cover regardless of the material. I have short and long hair dogs, leather is breeze to clean and doesn't hold smells. Kids on the other hand, especially young kids, are better with cloth. Although cloth, more durable with kids, will require more cleaning and will hold smells longer. I have leather with a stain resistant cover (empty nest)

I have two Lab/Retrievers and the cloth interior in my '14, and I can say it's a lot better then my '12's cloth interior. While the hair sticks, it cleans out very easy…

I've never cared for leather in anything, especially in a truck. Cloth does seem to hold up much better. I'm not sure about the quality of leather in the new trucks, but I test drove an 06 2500 a few years ago that had leather that was cracked really bad and it was only about 5 years old at the time I believe. About the seat cover idea, that might be best, but if you go that route then I see no need in paying extra for leather if you're just going to cover it up. Also with cloth you don't need to worry about paying extra for heated and cooling seats, at least for me anyway. So either way I say cloth.

I've never had a problem with dogs and leather but I Clip the nails regularly. The best part as another mentioned is the leather does well against odor. I always put the rear seat dog cover on for trips to the dog park just in case (mine loves the water). Easily removed and can wash it with the hose and air dry when needed.

Leather for me, I have always been able to easily clean the hair out or wipe off anything on the seats. Getting hair out of cloth seats is too time consuming for me. Last truck had grey cloth seating and there was nothing that touched those seats that did not leave a mark or have to be cleaned, never again.

IVe had a leather car with dogs and its great as hair wipes right up. Problem is you get scratches and its over. The leather specially if newer and taken care of is a lot more robust then you think. Trucks ive always had cloth, i prefer it to leather. I have a yellow lab with white hair so the last few trucks have been tan and now grey. I had black before and it was atrocious.

I dislike sitting on leather too, at least on seats. Do like it on steering wheels and dashes, etc. I feel it's almost forced on us at higher trim levels for seats though. A family member a few years back had a dog rip a leather seat with what seemed as a casual jump out of the vehicle. No thanks. Like said above, use a cover no matter what material you have. Cloth these days is so durable. Chevy did start putting nice touches like heated seats for cloth in some models not too long ago, I think that was in the Cruze, but it's still very rare.

Thanks all for the input! I need get to the dealer at this point to see the AT leather interior. I was all set to go cloth with a 5.3 on a '15, then I saw pics of the AT leather with red stitching, 6.2/8spd and am now on the fence.

One of the reasons, I got ride of my LT and traded up was the cloth with my dogs. I have a GSD. The cloth is a hair magnet. His hair would seem to weave it self into the cloth. The leather is much better. I lift rear seats. He sits on the floor on top of the weather tech liner. With cloth, the back of the front seats would be covered with hair. With the leather its much easier to keep clean

Archived