Whistling noise from engine area

Hey guys just got my 14 silverado a week ago noticing a whistling noice coming from engine area. It comes an goes is this normal? Anyone else expierance this? Im getting ready to make an appt with dealer. Just want any info b4 i go. Im thinkin possibly a vacuum leak? Not sure. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

well some of us are reporting different types of noises. Some go away after clamping the exhaust valve open, some don't.

On my truck, I have some type of noise that kicks in at lower speeds (25 to 35mph) when the engine is under load like when going up hills and its trying to hold the higher gear and around 1000-1100 rpms. It sounds like a buzzing or humming noise, like when you blow into a jug or soda bottle. Sounds like its coming from the front of the truck. The noise goes away if I accelerate more (it downshifts) or if I take my foot off the gas. I clamped the exhaust valve open and it made no difference on this engine noise. Yesterday I did drive around in M5 some and didn't notice the noise, not sure what that means?

Please don't go to your appt with ammo telling the service advisor what to look for ,,,, he doesn't care ,

I'm still not sure why people do this while under warranty !! , it makes no sense to me at all !!

Tech doesn't care either , trust me

Hey WackemG,

My apologies for the whistling noise in your new 14 Silverado. I certainly understand why this is concerning for you and am glad to hear you’re going to the dealer for further inspection. Although I’m not trained as a technician, please feel free to send a private message if you’d like for me to reach out to them on your behalf. I’m happy to assist anyway I can and will check back for updates.

Sincerely,

Eddie A.

GM Customer Care

Archived