Vinyl Bowtie Black outs

I went the extra step and just used aluminum replacements. Sure they were pricey, but to me it's the best way for long term. I got them from autoextras.com and you can get the emblems color matched perfectly to whatever color truck you have. I did the full bowtie on the grille and just the insert on the tailgate. It's more to it since you have to take the old emblems off, but when you take in account of drying time between coats and all then the replacements are way quicker and you get aluminum emblems instead of the thin plastic ones from GM.

IMGP1015.jpg

IMGP1025.jpg

It doesn't get any easier than vinyl. I have done several this way. Go to a local sign shop and buy a scrap piece for $5 - $10, lay it and cut it with a razor. If you buy precut, you will spend way too much and the fit sucks. Vinyl is far more durable than plasti dip and looks better too.

It doesn't get any easier than vinyl. I have done several this way. Go to a local sign shop and buy a scrap piece for $5 - $10, lay it and cut it with a razor. If you buy precut, you will spend way too much and the fit sucks. Vinyl is far more durable than plasti dip and looks better too.

Does Autozone or Advanced Auto Part carry vinyl? I would kinda rather do this then spraying it, I'd have to buy some more painters tape & a drop cloth/plastic.

Does Autozone or Advanced Auto Part carry vinyl? I would kinda rather do this then spraying it, I'd have to buy some more painters tape & a drop cloth/plastic.

Not to my knowledge. Surely there's a fast signs or graphics shop near you.

Yea I know the graphics guy in the town next to me he cut me some vinyl for my Camaro.

Cool, but there's no shortage on eBay if necessary. Just search for vinyl sheets in the color you want and you can get 20" x 20" sheets for less than if you search for the "special ones for bowties."

Archived