Anyone get the 5 month XM for $20?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I purchased it and I made sure that I noted on the calendar with a alarm reminder that I call and cancel it just prior to expiration to avoid being charged the going rate for renewal at time of expiration. I have it on my other vehicle and purchased it for around $115.00 per year including taxes. I tried to get that rate on my '14 Sierra but was offered the $20.00 plan. If you want to experience a nightmare try having XM remove a charge from your credit card. Remember they have it on file and if you don't cancel you will be billed for the remaining 6 months of service at the normal subscription rate.

I like XM radio and have it on my home theater receiver as well as my cars , BUT, you must be willing to work hard at getting the best rate

i have only paid for XM for 6 months at a time. I have done this for nearly 5 years. Every time my subscription gets close to renewing, I call and cancel. The person says, why do you want to cancel, I say because full price is too expensive. They then give me the 6 month rate for like $27.xx. And I just ask them when the renew date is so I can call a week before and repeat the whole process.

Its worth the time and effort instead of paying full price for XM.

I had thought about getting it after the free trial runs out, but a family member that had XM canceled it, and received so many calls from them, both local numbers and 800 numbers, that they wound up having to block the numbers just to get some peace....no thanks.

i have only paid for XM for 6 months at a time. I have done this for nearly 5 years. Every time my subscription gets close to renewing, I call and cancel. The person says, why do you want to cancel, I say because full price is too expensive. They then give me the 6 month rate for like $27.xx. And I just ask them when the renew date is so I can call a week before and repeat the whole process.

exactly what I do

Same here. Usually, I can do it in one phone call (with a lot of negotiation and getting transferred to different people), but the last time, they said they insisted that there weren't any promotions going on and the current rate was their best rate. So, I actually had to cancel, then wait a few weeks for the offers to start arriving in the mail, and call them back. The whole process seems stupid to me, but it's worth it to have XM for only $4-5 per month.

I need to do this soon. I've got a month left on my free service, what's the best way to go about this at that time?

Call about a week before it renews and say you want to cancel. They will ask why, and you just say its too expensive. If there was a less expensive option I would keep it. They would then prolly throw out the 6 month deal. If they don't, ask them if they have a 6 month deal. lol

Same here. Usually, I can do it in one phone call (with a lot of negotiation and getting transferred to different people), but the last time, they said they insisted that there weren't any promotions going on and the current rate was their best rate. So, I actually had to cancel, then wait a few weeks for the offers to start arriving in the mail, and call them back. The whole process seems stupid to me, but it's worth it to have XM for only $4-5 per month.

Yea I've had that happen too. Had to go about 2 weeks without XM. Which to be honest, was terribly. FM radio really blows. They finally called me back after 2 weeks and offered me a promotional 6 month rate again.

I got the ALL ACCESS package with online access for $35 for 6 months. I use it inside on my ipad for music, easy and by far the best the package.

I had thought about getting it after the free trial runs out, but a family member that had XM canceled it, and received so many calls from them, both local numbers and 800 numbers, that they wound up having to block the numbers just to get some peace....no thanks.

You are still going to start getting them pretty soon, and an avalanche of junk mail, just from having the free trial.

Mine just ended and I went ahead and let it end, but they've been pretty persistent. Decided the service wasn't for me. If I was road-tripping a lot or in the mountains with no cell service a significant amount of time I'd probably do it, but I have unlimited data on my cell so Pandora is fine a majority of the time. And for me the traffic service and whatnot was not nearly up to par.

Archived