Just installed bakflip f1 have few ?

Hello installation was pretty easy but I'm not too happy with the fitment..to me it looks like I can see daylight on the front of cover toward sliding window and if I pull the whole cover up u loose clearance in the tailgate area..also when it is flipped up it hits the rear brake light just towards the lower end of it..I'm hoping the weatherstripping is going to settle down but to me there is no way it is going to be waterproof in the front..can anyone tell me an exact measurent I can go by to insure front to back it is where it is supposed to be..the instructions say 1/4" from tailgate but to me that pulls it way too much to back..thanks

any pics? I'm not sure what the seals look like on the F1 now. I used to have the HD on my F150 and the seals covered both the front bed rail and tailgate lip.

It should have came with some weatherstripping that you install along the front bed rail first before installing the cover, that should take care of the front gap.

For the rubber seals along the side, take a heat gun, or hair dryer, it will help relax the seals and let them lay down. The cover should have come with a seal to attatch on the front of the bed in the area you're concerned with, it's usually taped to the cover. When you open it all the way and fold it up there should be three rubber bumpers that you stick to the cover wherever it contacts the cab. I hate to say it but all your issues sound installer error...

At the bulk head, the front of the bed near the cab, you probably need some automotive weather stripping. I had to add this to my undercover flex. My flex still leaks mostly because the seals keep coming loose from the body of the cover. I think next time around I might try a bak roll-x

Edit, I got that weather stripping at advance auto parts or autozone.

You fellas are right I did not install the weatherstrip at the front of bed...and I adjusted the cover a little more and went through car wash and there was minimal water so I am a lot more satisfied...what is everyone using to brighten up the cover?? The rubber on my cover has a lot of whitish color to it..thx

Archived